Documental: Raoul Walsh Biografí - Raoul Walsh Biography

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Joe Riley, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw The Tall Men once on Ted Turner's TV station back in the late 70's. I remember because of "that song" Jane Russell sings, off and on, throughout the movie. It's unforgettable. ;). So then the other woman in the first picture is Argentina Brunetti. I've seen her in a lot of TV dramas, but never knew her name.

Which reminds me of one reason I never liked seeing movies in the theater. Everyone always stood up and started leaving as soon as the final credits began to roll, and you couldn't see them. I always wanted to see them. :confused:

Joe Riley likes this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

All those Tall Men, blocking the screen!o_O

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Last one, but it's a good one, imo. Can be purchased on ebay (BUY IT NOW) for only $89.99. :D Labeled They Drive By Night (1940), but the description is a little fuzzy about that.

they drive by night .jpg

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered

"They Drive by Night is a 1940 film noir directed by Raoul Walsh and starring George Raft, Ann Sheridan, Ida Lupino, and Humphrey Bogart. The picture involves a pair of embattled truck drivers and was released in the UK under the title The Road to Frisco. The film was based on A. I. Bezzerides' 1938 novel Long Haul, which was later reprinted under the title They Drive by Night to capitalize on the success of the film. Part of the film's plot (that of Ida Lupino's character murdering her husband by carbon monoxide poisoning) was borrowed from another Warner Bros. film, Bordertown (1935)."

5. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Veteran Member
    Registered