Dodgers Win The World Series

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Bobby Cole, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Well, the knee taking Dodgers won the World Series against the knee taking Tampa Bay Rays in the 6th game with a score of 3-1.

I really do not watch pro-baseball any longer but it occurred to me that the win is a little tricky this year.
    Tricky in that the Dodgers haven’t won a 144 game regular season World Series since 1988.

There were only 60 games this year because of CV-19 so does that mean that the team is only great in the short haul? I mean, would having to play another 84 games have affected the outcome? Dunno. We’ll never know but it will still go in the books as a win and I guess that’s what matters.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Well they could have given them all participation trophies

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Professional sports have disappeared from my radar, never to return.

4. Terry Coywin

Terry Coywin Veteran Member
    Registered

Justin Turner ruined it all for the team during the immediate celebration. Then LA savages began looting and carrying on in downtown LA. Some way to celebrate. As a life long baseball fan and remembering the Brooklyn Dodgers well, these slobs are not worth even mentioning on the West Coast. I hope the Commissioner has the guts to come down with a sledge hammer on them.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Although I've been a Los Angeles area resident for 75 years, I never did like the Los Angeles Dodgers, because they are not from Los Angeles.

The same goes for the Los Angeles Lakers. There are no Lakes in Los Angeles, but there are many in Minneapolis!

Los Angeles thinks It can have anything it wants.

Fooey.

Terry Coywin and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I find that since I've stopped watching pro sports, my taste for college sports (which I loved) has waned.

I now tune in and can't tolerate the announcers. The degree of hysteria over the mundane is just too disproportionate.

Perhaps all that's happened in 2020 has killed my taste for contrived excitement. And that might not be a bad thing.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, that’s like when the New Orleans Jazz became the Utah Jazz. Since when is Utah known for its Jazz?

Terry Coywin likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah, at least the Oilers changed their name when they moved to Tennessee. (And I have to say that the Bum Phillips/Earl Campbell years were a lot of fun in Houston.)

Terry Coywin and Bobby Cole like this.