Donald Trump’s Anti-migrant Rage

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bob Kirk, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Bob Kirk

Bob Kirk Veteran Member
    Registered

This isn't the entire article.
    No doubt in my mind this writer was attempting to present Pres. Trump in a negative way. What it does for me is reinforce the notion Pres. Trump is acting in the best interests of America.

‘We’ve been taken hostage’: African migrants stranded in Mexico after Trump's crackdown
    Jo Tuckman in Tapachula,The Guardian Mon, Sep 30 12:00 AM PDT

Neh knew she was taking a risk when she got involved with English-language activists in mostly-Francophone Cameroon.
    She had no way of know that her decision would eventually force her to flee her country, fly halfway across the world and then set out on a 4,000-mile trek through dense jungle and across seven borders – only to leave her stranded in southern Mexico, where her hopes of finding safety in the US were blocked by the Mexican government’s efforts to placate Donald Trump’s anti-migrant rage.

And then, in Mexico, everything ground to an halt. She joined hundreds of migrants from Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Angola, Eritrea, Mauritania, and a smattering of other African countries who are stuck in Tapachula because of Mexico’s willingness to bow to Trump and stem the flow of migrants.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/ve-taken-hostage-african-migrants-070013565.html

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with the comments on the article. How did they get the money to fly, bribe officials, etc.? One person said that the cold hard facts are that we cannot take in the whole world.

Bob Kirk, Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I used to feel a great deal of sympathy for people migrating to find a better life. Now, not so much. I'm tired of the "caravans" and "storming the border" nonsense. My son-in-law was sworn in as an American citizen a few short months ago, after being in the country on a work visa for 5 years. I have no sympathy for ILLEGAL immigrants; I know that the legal route works. Build That Wall!