Dorothy Kilgallen

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You may have known her from What’s My Line, as she was a panelist on that show for a long time, or you might have known her from her day job as a columnist with the New York Post.

However, in November of 1965, she was found dead in her apartment, the victim of what is supposed to have been a drug overdose. No investigation occurred despite allegations that the death was staged, and that she had been murdered in connection with a book she was writing for Random House on the John F. Kennedy assassination.

See

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, interesting. I remember my family watching What's My Line when I was a kid. I wasn't aware that she was murdered.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I've watched lots of documentaries through the years on the assassination. The deal is that depending on what someone's take on it is, there seems
    to be at least some evidence to support it. However, in more recent times, I believe the final result was that one of the secret servicemen accidentally did the fatal shooting. Not the driver, but one behind the car. This was found out through forensics and the trajectory of the bullet. I think it passed through his head and ended up even hitting one of the people in the front seat. I'm sure the information is online. This is why the government kept some of the records sealed. There was no reason to scar the secret service over the issue.
    Then again.........this could also be wrong. Who knows?

4. Ken Anderson

I think that's the central cause of many conspiracy theories. When the government lies, and people are aware that the official story doesn't add up, that leaves the field open for conspiracy theories. That's the case with the 9/11 attacks too. A lot of people, myself included, have trouble believing that we were told the truth about what happened. That doesn't mean the CIA took the towers down, that the Israelis did it, or that any of the other theories are correct. But the official one is hard to believe, so the field is open.

5. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Harvey Oswald killed, Jack Ruby killed...lots of questions there. I think the government inquiry swept a lot under the rug. Personally I think the Russians were responsible after being forced to back down during the Cuban missile crisis. I think it was either sweep it under the rug or go to war, a greater evil.

Patsy Faye and Bill Boggs like this.
  6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I think it can be the same when it comes to reporting the comings and goings of war, sometimes, there is a reason why the government chooses to skirt around a story. It sounds like a bad idea if you are in the generation getting the cleaned up story, but when we look back at early American history, there are a great many stories that were partial truths or even outright lies. If it wasn't for that, the end result could've changed history to a lot of negatives. Without goofing with the truth, Andrew Jackson wouldn't have been able to make the Louisiana purchase or send Lewis and Clark on the big adventure. Without government half truths, the revolution could have tanked and France would've continued to help the south try to win the civil war.
    I'm not trying to be philosophical, but there are some things better left without the spotlight of curiosity.

Lois Winters and Bill Boggs like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

The US government has used lies as an excuse for nearly every war that we have been involved in and, insofar as a lie is told in order to take the nation to war, that is very wrong. A decision that will result in the lives of a large number of people is made on the basis of a lie, and that is wrong. Once we are at war, of course, there is a strong place for secrecy and even misinformation in the furtherance of that war, but I think that we should be (although we are not) resolute in demanding that such decisions be made on the basis of fact.

Frank Sanoica and Bill Boggs like this.
  8. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

so many questions. ...jfk killed...oswald ....
    then his brother. ...

marilyn. ..this woman...
    i 'm sure I don't know the whole list

i'm blown away by the clinton body count too

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember Dorothy Kilgallen...she had no chin.

Hal

Ken Anderson likes this.