Emp Electro Magnetic Pulse

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Martin Alonzo, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

EMP this is something that should scare everyone. Everyone is afraid of nuclear war and we should be but even worst would be an EMP attack. This could be done high up in the atmosphere with an nuclear weapon this would not kill directly but would destroy all electronics this means you electricity, car, telephone, radio, TV, and internet. Also people who have heart passer who not be long and all food in the cities would run out hospitals even the ones that have backup generator would be effected. Prescription drugs would be in short supply. There are estimates that 85% of the population would die in the first year. Even a standard war would not kill that many. There are ways of protecting the power grid but the government is not interested it would rather spend its money on military which can prevent this from happening. The experts say an EMP attack could send the US back to the Stone Age. Newt Gingrich told the members of Congress 2 years ago and nothing done he claimed we need to set up our electrical system to withstand an EMP . We can also get an EMP from the sun which could put the word back to the Stone Age.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a world that I don't want to live in and if it happens I hope I have a stash of some pills that would put me to sleep forever. That's my plan.

I've lived comfortably my whole life, there's no way I'm going to start struggling at my age. I have never had to worry where my food or money was coming from....not going to start now.

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

EMP sounds a bit like Stephen King book Cell, but instead of turning them into zombies it would just destroy everything in it's path. I don;t know if these other governments and terrorist organizations have technology that could knock out all electronics. I mean they may be able to do some damage to the grid, and knock it off temporarily but a total electrical attack that would permanently knock out all electronics would be a massive undertaking. I don't see it happening seriously.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I hope it never happens. It fries the micro chips in circuits and they don't even have to be connected that scary. In 1859 the Carrington effect was a solar storm that put out an EMP that wiped out the telegraph system in Europe and North America. Electronics are a lot more delicate then the old telegraph system.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

These type of things might have worried me when I was young and still had lots of years ahead of me but now
    I really don't care.

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

A very real and existing effect produced by any nuclear explosion. Defenses have been developed to guard selected areas from the danger. This process is called "hardening". Frank

"During the first United States nuclear test on 16 July 1945, electronic equipment was shielded due to Enrico Fermi's expectation of the electromagnetic pulse. The official technical history for that first nuclear test states, "All signal lines were completely shielded, in many cases doubly shielded. In spite of this many records were lost because of spurious pickup at the time of the explosion that paralyzed the recording equipment."

In July 1962, the US carried out the
    Starfish Prime test, exploding a 1.44 megaton bomb 400 kilometres (250 mi) above the mid-Pacific Ocean. This demonstrated that the effects of a high-altitude nuclear explosion were much larger than had been previously calculated. Starfish Prime made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 1,445 kilometres (898 mi) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms and damaging a microwave link.[8]

Starfish Prime was the first success in the series of United States high-altitude nuclear tests in 1962 known as
    Operation Fishbowl. Subsequent tests gathered more data on the high-altitude EMP phenomenon.

More: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_electromagnetic_pulse