Enough!

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, May 23, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Evil comes in flesh and blood human beings too. Although I may believe that vengence belongs to God...my humaness gets angry enough at times to have thoughts of taking my own revenge and although it would be probably just throwing them in jail and limiting their food and water. Men are much more aggressive in that anger. But I want you to realize this Shirley....that evil will grow up teaching his children evil too in almost every case. And that evil will continue to do evil to our children and grandchildren...as it is being done now for lots of people. If someone breaks in your house to rape and kill you or your family...will you just let them?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I suppose you could, but it wouldn't make sense. When I see a picture of Obama, I see a president whose policies have destroyed most of what was good about this country. I don't care if his skin is blue or rainbow colored. He's the first president we've had who seems to be the enemy of the country that elected him. Have you asked yourself why you just see a black man?

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Karen McKenzie

Karen McKenzie Veteran Member
    Registered

I think the USA has a horrific history of racism...and posting a picture of our first black president in a lynching scene is depraved and inflammatory to say the least. I don't care if you think he's the worst president who ever lived...that picture is an affront to decent people. I seriously don't see common decency as "political correctness".

I obviously remember the Civil Rights struggle and Vietnam. I think it's fine to disagree with the Obama Administation...we have Freedom of Speech..but we also need to consider the impact of our own words and deeds. It's not okay to take the law into your own hands with something like a lynching...for any reason.

Hate begets hate...that's a fact.

4. Ken Anderson

A racist is someone whose opinions of a person are tempered by that person's race. It is racist to believe that someone should be exempt from criticism or parody because of the color of his skin. I understand that liberals don't get this, which is why they think they are honoring black people when they oppose voter ID rules on the basis that black people are somehow less capable of figuring out how to get an identification card than white people are. I don't care what the color of someone's skin is, and I can't understand why separate rules should be applied on the basis of skin color.

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Karen McKenzie "Hate begets hate...that's a fact."

Very true! And explains succinctly why everyone ought to realize the need for tolerance, understanding, and self-decency. But, everyone does not.

Frank

Joe Riley and Bill Boggs like this.
  6. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Is Trump the best choice? Is Hillary the best choice after Obama leaves? Personally, I do not feel confident about either one. This year, I am exercising my right to write in a candidate. Is it throwing away a vote? Probably. But I have to follow my conscience.

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't know yet what I'll do but I can't vote for either.

8. Ken Anderson

9. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Texas Beth , I too feels as you do, and there have been times that I have written in different names for candidates as well. There have been a couple of times that I was so angry at the choices that I wrote in names as silly as Popeye, or Wyle the coyote.

Do I think it makes my vote a throw away vote? NO! That catagory is there to show what portion of voter are not happy with the choices our government sets before us. If more people would do this, instead of just not voting, the write in catagory would grow to a proportion that could not be ignored.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I worked in elections Ina and everything to do with the ES&S voting machines. So on election days wed have to be
    Around if there were problems with the machines but at the end of the night we sometimes helped run the ballots through the tabulating machines. I don't recall exactly but I don't think the machine read a hand written right in.

I would sometimes take a glance and see Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck but they weren't counted.