Everybody Who's Been Banned On Sf, The Ban Has Been Lifted

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Chrissy Cross, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Spencer Berrett

Spencer Berrett Veteran Member
    Registered

Having been banned elsewhere (500,000 members), I find that Ken's comments are fair and reasonable. I honestly got fed up with the "fraternity" that ran the place that I believe to be interested in "making a profit" as a mission statement. So I don't miss it, and here is good.

Regarding SF, I sensed a lot of bragging, rather than the philosophizing I find here. I competed as a wage earner & as a business owner. If I want to be provoked, all I have to do is check out the news. I'm tired of conflict, finally. But it's still in my life.

Reddit is a great place to provoke & be provoked, but it's a cosmic waste of energy.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad you like it here, @Spencer Berrett ...it's a good place or as Martha Stewart says.."it's a good thing". :)

3. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I think we all join forums for different reasons @Sheldon Scott ... I joined mainly for learning about other people and entertainment............ in my dotage I no longer want conflict in my life, so I avoid threads/posts where there is likely to be any, most of us have a lot invested in our political and religious beliefs, so having no real interest in these areas, I simply avoid these topics as @Chrissy Cross mentioned she does.

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I also avoid controversial posts sometimes, and like @Terry Page ; I do not want conflict in my life either. While I do enjoy stimulating discussions of almost any topic, I totally hate when it becomes an argument, or results in name calling , which is even worse.
    My opinion on that , is that if the best rebuttal a person can give to a sensible opinion, is to call that person names or insult them in some other way, then obviously they either have no viable points to present, or they are not intellectually capable of presenting them.
    Either way, there is no sense trying to hold a conversation with these people.

Terry Page and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If you do want conflict and drama...you can certainly find it on SF. And even if you don't want it...you WILL find it there anyway. :eek:

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Well after posting on there for a few days, I'm just not feeling the love. :(

I can't help but read the posts in politics and it kind of turns me off when I see some of the nastier people in other threads.

I also feel constrained ...afraid to be my true lovable self, lol. :cool::rolleyes::p

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Once in a while ,when I get tired of poking bamboo spikes up under my fingernails, I look in there. :D I tried yesterday to post a reasonable post. But you can't reason with psychotic people. They don't want to listen to reason. They only want to ATTACK! ATTACK! ATTACK! By trying to reason with them, you only feed their psychosis. I was never banned there but I doubt very much if I will post there again.

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I post in both forums(SF & SOC) and in many ways we are both similar. At our age, we should know how to navigate in our "World".

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I know but when I read some of the political stuff, it's hard for me to reply to that person in another post....I just see all the negativity and hate.

Maybe I should block the political section but I'm too curious:)

11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Matrix proved himself to me to be a classical A-Hole. Sounds just like him to re-instate folks without even thinking they won't know about it. If your pronouncement here is true, I've half a mind to go back and try to determine just what kind of posting input might un-hinge him a second time. This would be a great support for my EGO, (which doesn't exist, of course you know that, but he doesn't), to be banned from a forum TWICE! Har, Har!.

Good luck with that, Mr. Matrix!!
    Frank

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Shirley Martin

Registered

I have been looking for the Imp. Has anybody seen him there?

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Here? Yep! :)

There..nope. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

...yes.... Shirley...as CC says... definitely here...over there no... lol :D

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Registered

I think our Impish friend would be capable of hacking that site if he had a mind to. Of course, I'm not implying that he did but that he could if he wanted to. He's pretty smart for an old dude. :D