Everyone Should "believe" Something

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Frank Sanoica, May 8, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I believe I'll have a cold beer!
    Frank

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

'I believe' Frankie Laine had a fab voice :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe I will have a cup of tea.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Good idea - two sugars for me please :p

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

As for me I believe I'll have my new Wyler's Light with water with no aspartame! Finally found a nice sugar free powdered drink without aspartame! If only I can find natural and powdered juices for riding the bus to bring home groceries makes juices sooo heavy to carry even in a Trolley Dolly.

6. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe in ghosts.

7. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe golf is a game of both skill and luck. That's why I am so bad at golf. I have no skill and nothing but bad luck.

I believe the best luck I've had in my life was meeting the lady I married 50 years ago. She's awesome... still.

I believe attorneys have gotten a bad rap of being the worst "bottom feeders" of any professional career out there. The worst has to be professional politicians. Actually, most politicians are attorneys. So, I guess maybe attorneys do rate the bad press they receive.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Will Lawrence Is Manhattan, KS at all near the small town of Marion? Interesting story of events there, I could reveal.
    Frank

9. Will Lawrence

Registered

Marion is about 70 miles southwest of us. Lived in a town about 30 miles north of Marion for a few years back in the 70's. Nice little town.

10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

Thus, I believe I should tell the "worms" story, as it happened in the little town of Marion, Kansas. I became an uncle at age 5, my nephew Dan and I growing up together his first several years as my Mother took care of us while my divorced sister worked. We were therefore very close. Dan joined the Marine Corps. about a year after finishing high school. He met and married a girl in California, who turned out to be a "Mama's girl", and when her mother moved from CA to KS, Dan's wife had to follow her (Dan was by then out of the Corps.). Soon, Dan approached family members, my Mother (his grandma) included, seeking to borrow funding for a business he and a fellow Marine were wanting to enter. They would be raising earthworms! "Can't supply enough of them to the Japanese", he said. My Mother's reaction was, "Worms"? What little dough she had would remain in the bank.

Undaunted, but disappointed, Dan and his buddy approached business leaders in Marion, one being a Ford Dealer, another a banker, etc. Each gave about $5,000 as I recall hearing, five or six of them involved. Then, before any worms materialized in the scheme, the "worm" turned, and the "buddy" disappeared with the money! Surprisingly, I don't think Dan was ridden out of town on a rail, but it might have been close! He went on to study hard, got a technical degree, and worked until retirement for Southwestern Bell Telephone.

Worms, indeed! What would the Japanese have done with them? Frank

11. Will Lawrence

Registered

Neat story. I think we would be amazed at the "shysters" that took advantage of small town folk over the years. Sounds like your nephew's Marine buddy would fit in such a group. "There's a sucker born every minute."