Executive Chair And Computer Table

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, May 31, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ever bought, and assembled, an Executive Chair (high back) and/or a computer table? Both the chairs and tables we've bought from Staples and Office Depot, I assembled at home. Both chairs we had were the "high back" Executive type and the two computer tables have glass shelves.

One thing for sure, assembling the chair was much harder than the tables. Trying to align, and screw in, the armrests into the seat and back was, to say the least, tiring. I was able to do it a few years ago, but have found out that that is one thing (assembling) I basically can do no longer. Oh, I could probably do a table, but definitely no more chairs.

We had to replace one of our Executive Chairs due to the plastic covering coming off in some areas. The new chair came yesterday and I proceeded to assemble it. Even though I was sweating, the assembly was coming along good...…...that is, until I absolutely couldn't get two bolts to go into the inserts that connected the armrests with the back. I had to give up and, when my wife got home from work, took the chair and the box it came in, back to Office Depot. Well, luckily, the manager got the two bolts in and tightened all of the bolts on the chair. Of course the manager was young enough to be my son and had done these assemblies many, many times before. It was very nice that he didn't charge us anything, but then again, I did have 95% of the chair assembled. The typical cost of assembling any furniture is $15 per item. Next time we will have that done.

So, do you assemble things or pay to have it done? I think the only time a customer can buy something fully assembled is when the Floor Display is the only one left. Am I right?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I would rather build furniture from scratch than assemble something that came in a box, although I have done it many times. I find that cussing helps.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Believe it or not my Honey and I make an excellent team for assembling things we buy. We have done a computer desk cabinet and executive chair, our entertainment center, bookshelves, our new grill, and whatever else we have bought that needed assembling.

Before we married I was the only one who assembled everything and hooked up electronic equipment, etc. I just seem to have a natural born gift for this and it's a nice gift to have...but I have to admit I like having a Honey who shares that gift with me. :)

4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes we do ...as I explained to you elsewhere where you posted the same question...lol

5. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd pay to have it done but then it wouldn't fit in my car once put together. I need a new computer chair. I think I did a post on this awhile back. We do have a local nice office store. Prices were 5-6 hundred. I was prepared to go up to 3 with delivery, but this was just too much.