Extra Money Online

Discussion in 'Self Employment' started by Juan Ortega, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

O.k., thanks, I probably wouldn't have found that on my own @Yvonne Smith, at least not until I had enough points, or close to enough, to cash in on something. So once you've reached something like Silver or Gold Status, do you keep that, or does that reset once you've chased in your points for a reward?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I get about $200 per year in Amazon.com certificates just from using Bing, and maybe more, but then doing searches is a large part of what I do for a living so I make my max pretty much every day. It takes a lot longer to earn coupons via YouGov but I do that as well, although I'm thinking that I am getting less than $100 a year in Amazon.com certificates from YouGov. I don't consider these to be ways to earn a living, but they require very little of me (since I like Bing anyhow), and they come in handy.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

@Ken Anderson How often do you get full length surveys from YouGov? They seem to come about once a week or less. I use a backup email for that account, so sometimes miss the notifications, but if I know how often to check the site itself, I'll do that. Also, are there other ways to earn over there besides the full length surveys? I've taken some polls and clicked on other likes/dislikes, but I'm not clear about whether those result in points.

I do at least several searches a day, but obviously need to step it up so I can maximize the number of points I get per day. I haven't connected it with my tablet yet, since resources on the tablet are limited. I don't search much on there anyway, but I'd still like to get credit for all of my searches.

Paidviewpoint probably takes longer to reach the minimum threshold and cash out, but it is a legitimate site, and I've chased out a few times. If you keep it open, or keep an eye on your emails for invitations, you can sometimes snag a decent paying survey or two that will push you over the top.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't think the YouGov surveys come on a set schedule but I'd guess that one per week is probably an average. As far as earning points through YouGov, I think the only three ways are the full-length surveys, installing a YouGov program that tracks your Internet usage, or by referring others to YouGov. I have installed the tracking program since it seems to have no averse effect on my Internet usage and I don't go places that that I'm afraid to have anyone know about, and if I did, there is an option to pause it or to shut it off.

My last YouGov poll, i couldn't do. It was an extra long one, worth 750 points, but I kept getting disconnected from it after twenty minutes of answering poll questions, and it would make me start over. After four tries, I gave up on it.

As for Bing, there is a limit on how many searches you can get credit for per day, but I always reach that. You also get extra credit for using Bing on your smart phone, and for referring people too. So far though, either I am not actually being credited for referrals, or no one I have referred has actually signed up for it, or they didn't sign up through my referral link, because I haven't been credited for any referrals.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Sandy Wood

Sandy Wood Veteran Member
    Registered

While YouGov, sends you surveys or notices, but if you spend time on their website then that will increase the amount of emails you get. I have found it is easy to spend lots of time on the website answering questions and adding to conversations. But of course the more you do that it will increase your earnings. Other good sites include OpinionOutpost and QuestMindshare, ProductReportCard. Swagbucks is another nice site, and of course Pineconeresearch is one of the best for earning money doing surveys.
    I am a member of Bing, but find their search results lacking and use google more. However, if you use the search on MyPoints it helps add up the points. As always check out the headings at top of each website for other ways to earn on the sites.

Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Diane Lane

Registered

I recall at one time, there was a push for conservatives to use Bing instead of Google, although I don't recall exactly why. At the time, I preferred the Google search results, and I still sometimes complete a Google search after doing on on Bing, because the results aren't what I need. I installed the Bing extension, so I guess that might result in a little more money. I've never had luck with referrals. I got one person to sign up for Ebates using my referral link, but it takes them months to pay out. I believe it's a quarterly thing. I should receive my money for that referral at the end of May, I believe, although I think he signed up in January or February. I'd prefer to receive that money sooner, especially since he's already made at least a few purchases. I don't understand why more people don't use Ebates, except some are reluctant to take any steps they consider unnecessary. It took me a while to comprehend the value, too.

7. Diane Lane

Registered

I'm still using the Qmee search function, which pops up links relating to your search terms, and each has a money amount attached, so when you click, you will receive that sum of money. It's only a few cents at a time, but it does eventually add up. They have recently started Qmee Surveys, and invited me to join, so I did. I've cashed out a few times with Qmee, so I know they do pay out. It seems they're still in the development stages and are ironing out a few kinks, because I haven't been able to complete a survey yet, despite starting 4 of them. I gave them some feedback on my experience, and hopefully it will help them fix the issues. The surveys they've invited me to were relatively short, and tended to pay around 45 cents. Although that may not sound like much, if you do end up qualifying, it could be a nice way to set aside a little money for a specific purpose. Rather than waiting until 20,000 points (or more on some sites) is amassed, money earned on Qmee can be cashed out immediately via PayPal.

8. Andie Nuckels

Andie Nuckels Veteran Member
    Registered

I recently started doing web search evaluation through the company Appen. It's interesting, pays $13.75 an hour and they have positions that require 1-4 hours per day. I won't get rich doing it, but I like the work and it provides some spending money for me since I am recently retired. I just started a new project, so they are currently hiring. You just need to have 25+ friends on Facebook, a working computer, etc. etc. Qualification takes a few days and you won't get paid for that, but once you are in, it's a pretty good gig.

Diane Lane likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Registered

Hi @Andie Nuckels that sounds interesting. What does your number of Facebook friends have to do with the job? Is posting about the web sites on your personal Facebook account a requirement? Is there a specific number of days per week that they require, in addition to the specific number of hours per day?

10. Andie Nuckels

Registered

Hi @Diane Lane! While your Facebook information is kept private to the company, you are using entries from your own feed for the evaluation. I'm sure the qualification is just to ensure that you have ample activity to evaluate. Depending on the project, you'll either be evaluating every type of post in your feed, or advertisements or whatever the client is looking for. I was a little skeptical at first, but the company is well known and has a great reputation. Depending on the project that you get accepted for, it could be 5 days a week for 4 hours a day (including one weekend day), or the project that I am currently working on is 5-7 days per week for 1 hour a day. The pay is $13.75 an hour. It's been an interesting ride for sure, and I like having that extra bit of income. Happy to answer any additional questions.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

That is great information about Appen. I thought I had applied to that company before, but they didn't have a record of me, so I guess I will do it again. It sounds very interesting. I also am a member of Prolific Academy. It is not something you will get rich doing, but it is a fun little site, participating in research and the money adds up quickly.

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks @Andie Nuckels, it does sound very interesting, and like something I'd be interested in. I can't commit right now to even a basic schedule, but once I'm feeling better, this is something I will definitely check into. I've heard of the company, and it's good to know that it pays, and much better than a lot of other online activities/jobs.

I've taken a few more of the Qmee surveys, and it seems as if there are still hang ups with the system, but they do seem to be working on the issues. I was able to complete a few of them over the weekend. Although they don't pay much, the pay is instantly credited to your account, and with Qmee, the cash out is via PayPal, and typically takes anywhere from 10 minutes (my last cash out) to three days.

Andie Nuckels likes this.
  13. Andie Nuckels

Registered

Hi @K E Gordon--you should check it out again. It looks as though they are hiring and what I really like about them is their project management team really seem to follow up and remain accessible throughout the assignments. Each week they offer Open Forum discussions via webinar so even though you are working as an independent contractor, you still have the ability to network and ask questions directly.

K E Gordon likes this.
  14. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I will do that. Most of the writing sites seem alittle slow right now anyway, so finding a little PT gig like that would be good. It will be another egg in the basket so to speak. I like to always keep abreast of what is happening in the online earning world.

15. Andie Nuckels

Registered

Me too. Keep me in the loop if you find something interesting!

K E Gordon likes this.