Facebook Users Live Longer

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Babs Hunt, Oct 21, 2017.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I recently joined the Cal Poly Parents page...even though I'm a grandmother of a student. :). It's a private group but it's so busy it takes up my whole feed usually.

Everyone is so nice and helpful and supportive on there that it makes me very happy and confident in our future generation if they are anything like their parents.

And it's actually more liberal parents than conservative because we are in California. :)

It really amazes me how thoughtful and kind these people are.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That reminds me of something else that I always do, and that is to change the settings in all of the groups that I belong to, so that I either receive NO new posts/alerts, or only those from friends (when there are other people in the group that I am friends with), and then I do not have a hodge-podge of posts from all of the groups clogging up my facebook page either.
    I guess when it comes to Facebook, I am a minimalist, and I only want to look at the things I want to look at, when I want to look. Some groups I check every day, some of them maybe only once a week or every few days, just like I do with the friends pages.

Babs Hunt and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I ought to have a year or two added on then.

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.