Fake Photos

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Weather.com published an interesting page on fake photos that show up from one weather event to another. I have already seen a few of these circulated as being from Hurricane Harvey.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I saw the story about the planes. They say that nursing home photo was real though. I found that one strange, they were all so relaxed with water up to their waists!

If that was me...I'd be in a panic..not because I'm sitting in water but that I'm sitting in filthy water.

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It has about come to, don't believe anything you hear and don't believe anything you see.

4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

5. Shirley Martin

Registered

That may very well cost him the next election.

6. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

it should. he was responsible for some deaths

7. Shirley Martin

Registered

Getting back to the thread title, I, as computer illiterate as I am, can go to Faceinhole and put someone's face on another body. It would be easy for someone who is an expert to fake all kinds of photos.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I think so. I was in the process of writing to someone, saying "You know that's Photoshopped, don't you?" Then, I decided to check on that first. One of them was knitting.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, the calmest seniors Ive ever seen. :)

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The latest fake, most politically driven photo seem to be a picture of Obama serving food at a shelter in Houston.
    The truth is, while yes, Obama did serve food at a shelter but the photo was one taken on Thanksgiving of 2015 and in Washington, D.C.

Goodness, if whoever wanted to make a true impact they could have merged the fake "shark in the water" photo with the Obama one. Then, perhaps they could have photoshopped it to make the shark gnawing on a homeless person's leg while he is being served turkey by Obama.

The naming of such a political photo might be, "How the food chain really works". Put your own label on the shark, the man and Obama.

Holly Saunders and Ken Anderson like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Seen the photo of the elderly people sitting in waist-high water at a nursing home. Guess it's a real photo, but sure looked odd.

Last week, online, there was a photo of a young guy, standing on a flat high rock, many feet above a Rio forest next to the ocean, holding on to a girls outreached hand as she is hanging over the same flat rock with one of her legs stretched out and foot on the flat rock. The way the photo was taken, anybody would think "that's nuts", BUT, there was a nice "cushy" covered flat rock right below her that wasn't in the photo.
    Another photo showed a box truck appearing that it's sitting at the end of a uncompleted bridge over water. It was the angle the photo was taken at that made it look like the truck was sitting at the end of this uncompleted bridge.
    Yet, one other photo shows a sailboat floating in the sky right over the ocean. Don't know how that was done, but had to be some type of photo imaging.

Ken Anderson and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

You can't believe anything anymore unless you see it yourself. Ive always been a skeptic but now it's made me even more skeptical.

There's money to be made with these photos and websites, it's all click bait and people get money for each click so
    The more outrageous the more money.

I don't believe anything unless I've seen the same info on opposing media, so basically just the facts.

You tube videos are the same...big business but if you're boring...no hits.

Hedi Mitchell and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

But, there are those young folks who are definitely "thrill seekers" and their photos aren't fake. At least I don't think they are. Way to many of those "thrill seeking" photos look really real.

14. Harry Havens

Harry Havens Veteran Member
    Registered

15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

It seems like you can’t believe much of anything we see on television or online, just like the weather pictures we have all seen where the weather announcer is barely standing up and teetering back and forth from the terrible hurricane, while several people in shorts are just strolling down the road behind him, having not trouble at all.

I have been seeing some of the pictures that are coming out from the Russia/Ukraine news, and you can see that some of these are fakes also.
    This picture shows the soldiers with some kind of fake plastic/cardboard/wood rifles.

1690A411-CD79-42BC-8437-E342AA546F34.jpeg