Family

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I've just spent the last few hours with my youngest daughter and her teenage daughter. I've only seen my them once in 4 months.It very nice being able to see and hug somebody else who's also been cooped up for the last 4 months.
    My husband wasn't thrilled about it but we can't cut ourselves off from everybody.
    Sometimes just being around other people can be uplifting and more healing than anything else.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My oldest son lives 3 hours away so get to see hime once in a while 2nd oldest son lives in Ga. Saw him last at may daughter's funeral in 2015. 3rd son lives 8 hours away. Have seen him once since he moved there last December. 4th son died in 2017 so he doesn't call anymore.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

:(

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

After we moved from So. California in 2002, we have not lived anywhere close to my wife's family. Actually, states away. We chose it that way. But, have flown to Las Vegas and seen them (they drove in). When we lived in northeastern Florida, and my 1/2 brother/wife has a summer home in Tampa Bay area, we seen them one time in 10 1/2 years of us living in Florida. IOW, my 1/2 brother and I don't get along!

Marie Mallery likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We haven't seen our children and grandchildren since last Christmas, though we talk to one of the five of them almost every day. They are scattered around the state for the most part, with oldest son in Oregon. We missed one grandson's high school graduation this year, though we were able to see it on video. :(

6. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I forgot to add that we have 14 grandchildren. 2 of them are within a 1/2 hour drive the rest are scattered around the US and 1 in Germany. Those 14(7 of each sex) have accumulated 10 greatgrands for us. We saw the one from Germany earlier this year, We've only seen 2 the the rest. 12 of the 14 grands are on FB was friends so I can keep up with their lives.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

It's hard sometimes to get even get together because of their work and just daily life.
    Texts help, phone calls better, but visits are best. Sometimes you just need a voice to determine how a person is really doing.
    My daughter thinks I am skinny now, but says I look good.
    I even saw oldest daughter last week. We have never been close for a multitude of reasons.Anyway just nice to actually see them for a change.
    Sorry that so many don't get to see their kiddos or family much, especially at this time

8. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Cody so have 11 great grand kids...2 only see on FB...5 have not seen in years, the others once in great while....and most of them live 40 mintues away.
    Trust me sometimes certain family is better from a distance.;)

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I will change this somewhat: Wife and I did do a Zoom with her brother, her sister and two nieces last month. Now, that was fun. We each had on our straw cowboy hat on and all of them were surprised. None of them have any "Western" in them at all.

10. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Haha. "This time" is why we aren't getting to see them! Everyone is hunkered down in self-imposed isolation. Stupid virus. :mad:

I'm about to call my sister (in Georgia) to check on her family. A man from their church was hospitalized with Covid 19 after being at church last week, shaking hands with everyone... so my sister and BIL had to have the screening test.

Marie Mallery and Lois Winters like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Oh no.
    :(

12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

LolLolol seriously...you wore straw hats for a Zoom visit..your such a hoot Cody :)

13. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

What did names did give your children?
    Why did you pick that name?

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

My sons are Brian and Kevin; I just like the names. My bonus kids are Cade, Cara, and Cayce. I wasn't involved in naming them. :D

Marie Mallery and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

How about you?