Fantastic Story Of Bravery

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

PANAMA CITY BEACH, FLA. — It was supposed to just be a quick trip to the beach, but the Saturday afternoon diversion to the water almost ended in unspeakable tragedy for Roberta Ursrey and her family.

Ursrey and her husband, mother, nephews and sons were enjoying the sun and yellow-flag conditions near the M.B. Miller County Pier. Ursrey herself had just left the water, but when she turned around to look for her sons, she noticed they were much farther from shore than she remembered. Concerned, she started walking down the beach.

And then she heard their screams.

“They were screaming and crying that they were stuck,” Ursrey recalled in an interview Monday. “People were saying, ‘Don’t go out there.’ ”

Unwilling to watch them drown, Ursrey and her family swam out to them, but the rip current was much stronger than they realized and despite her best efforts to escape, they were trapped as well. All in all, Ursrey said, nine people were stuck in about 15 feet of water, including her mother, who suffered a massive heart attack during the ordeal and very nearly died.

“I honestly thought I was going to lose my family that day,” Ursrey said. “It was like, ‘Oh God, this is how I’m going.’ ”

Read the rest here with Video footage...

http://www.newsherald.com/news/20170710/human-chain-saves-family-from-drowning

Patsy Faye and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Amazing

Holly Saunders likes this.