Farmer's Market Season

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Ed Wilson, Jun 17, 2024.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I got my Seniors' Farmer's Market vouchers for the season and spent the first at Brace's Orchard where I always go. It's cherries first and then plums, peaches and finally apples and cider in fall.
    upload_2024-6-17_12-5-54.jpeg

2. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I like the outdoor Farmer’s Market since I no longer garden and do home canning. But it seems the last few years the two farmer’s market that I go to has more plants, arts, and crafts items than fresh produce. And I don’t particular like having to listen to some bad singer standing around playing his or her musical instrument as I cruise the market for produce with their instrument case open for dropping money into. Also, I have to walk around a dozen big dogs on leashes that people bring along to the market; barking just to hear themselves bark and sniffing everyone and everything in their path. I'm crabby.:D

3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I share your curmudgeonly attitude.

4. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We have quite a few farmers markets pop up once a week or so , ( in Adelaide ) as well as what’s called trash or treasure markets which include various foods as well , and to be quite honest many of then are way overpriced so called organic rubbish I would never buy.

The huge Adelaide Showgrounds ( walking distance from the city ) has a monthly market selling mainly Adelaide hills made produce like jams / honey / dried meats / traditional German foods/ oils and condiments / breads and fresh veggies
    I believe most goods are very pricey.
    https://adelaidefarmersmarket.com.au/whats-on/this-weeks-market/

I can buy far better / cheaper fresh produce in the supermarkets . ( Aldi has really nice fresh veggies )

We have outdoor markets where we live , but they next to no fresh foods apart from someone about 50 km away that brings wood oven cooked bread.