Fiction Or Reality

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Is 1984 coming or here most people would say it will never happen. Well it would surprise you to find out it is. What was put out as a futuristic fiction seen to be a prophecy
    Orwell's invented language, Newspeak, satirises hypocrisy and evasion by the state
    The term Big Brother is watching you came from the book and a quick look around to see how many cameras on street corners in big cities. The NSA is listening to your phone calls your smart TV is watching you. Big Brother – UN – Multinational Companies – World Banks they go by different name but the same people in charge
    This book has been banned and legally challenged many times as the government; the Party controls the population with four ministries:
    the Ministry of Peace deals with war and defence.[The American war department is now called the defence department] They bomb people to help them. They tell lies to start wars.
    the Ministry of Plenty deals with economic affairs [using corn to make fuel while people starve] Nov 5, 2014 - 90-year-old man and two ministers arrested for feeding homeless
    the Ministry of Love deals with law and order [FBI: 750,000 People Arrested for Simple Marijuana Possession last year alone and big brother goes free].
    the Ministry of Truth deals with news, entertainment, education and art [ Main street news no longer investigates news]. Any news detrimental to Big Brother will not be printed.
    This piece of futuristic fiction seen to be now a reality

Patsy Faye and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Orwell saw the future, it seems. And it's a dark future. Abortion keeps expanding. Now there's 'late term' abortion. Aborting a child because it's the wrong sex will become the norm soon. Euthanasia for the very old, infirm, sick, disabled or handicapped will become the law in the not too distant future, I believe. In March of this year I was taken to the emergency room. I died for a short while, code blue. Looking at what's ahead of me, I sometimes think it would have been best to slip away then.
    But, I'm back and feeling good now, so I'll soldier on.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes funny how these futuristic writers 'get it right' - amazing insight

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - although ................H G Wells wasn't spot on with the 'Invisible Man' .........................or was he .............?
    We can't see him anyway .........................:p

Ina I. Wonder and Ike Willis like this.
  5. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have no idea of the book's story but the big brother syndrome is already starting to flex its muscle. News networks are common now to use footage of cctv cameras. A new species is the so called dash cam which is installed in the car.

In the near future we may be governed in the streets by those cameras. And later on not only in the streets but also in other places.

Frank Sanoica and Ike Willis like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't scratch your butt or pick your nose, you never know who is watching. :)

Actually you're being recorded almost everywhere you go...

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

Any one with half a sense knows we're being monitored on all manner of electronic device they have at their disposal and the news media is for the most part controlled. And I agree with Ike that they will if they aren't already try to kill off people that have no use to them. I am very suspicious of all these ads that make it imperative to get some vaccine or another.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"In the near future we may be governed in the streets by those cameras. And later on not only in the streets but also in other places."

It has been estimated that the streets of London are "protected" by at least 50,000 cameras mounted overhead! Folks vising London from abroad have remarked that it was uncanny how many cameras there were, easily identified as such.

As the technology has progressed, however, the cameras are now very tiny, easily concealed, to peep through a tiny hole, undetectable. To "protect" citizens by spying on them.
    Frank

Ike Willis and Chris Ladewig like this.
  9. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I think they already listen to us at the breakfast table.

Ike Willis likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Not me, I eat in my recliner. :)

Actually, I never eat at my table...what a waste of a room and furniture!!

Ike Willis and Chris Ladewig like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

12. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Well if they are watching me through my computer or TV, then I guess I'll just have to start waving a them. Can anyone say paranoia?

No seriously, can you imagine the work force it would take to monitor all that footage? And I've never heard of anyone with such a job. With the number of personnel it would take to view the tuns of footage, you would think you would run into some that had that job. Hmmmm? :rolleyes: :eek: o_O

13. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

It's like the CIA. If you're a real CIA agent, you never tell anyone. If you claim to be a CIA agent, you're a fake.:)

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Frank Sanoica
    Yes we have the cameras everywhere and I'm happy about that - so many crimes are solved that would not
    have been
    We watch a lot of American crime too and again cameras gave undisputed evidence

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

People are putting them in and outside of their homes now too.

Lot of bad nannies were caught with footage from a camera in the home.

Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.