Finally, Something That Makes Perfect Sense!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Trevalius Guyus, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

Peter Renfro and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It will be interesting to see how this works out. We have had the “war on drugs” for a good many years now, and it does not seem to have helped stopped people from doing drugs, and maybe even the opposite effect.
    I think that there is no reason for natural plants like cannabis to be illegal, and they are reported to have a lot of health benefits.
    Giving people treatment instead of prison makes sense to me.
    If a person were committing a crime or caused an accident, they would be arrested just the same as if they had been drinking, which is a legal mind-altering substance.

Trevalius Guyus and Peter Renfro like this.
  3. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Prohibition has never worked for anything. We in America have 3 generations of drug war victims. How ludacris is the idea that imprisoning someone will cure a disease. Of course this is no panacea,but treatment is a good start. Drug use and addiction is a disease.
    For any one that is interested, this is part and parcel, up front and center of the "defund the police movement" that y'all railed against so mightily!
    I hope that this program yields positive results,God knows, what we have been doing doesn't!

Trevalius Guyus likes this.