Fireball Explosions In Andover, Lawrence, And North Andover

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Michelle Anderson, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a cousin in Virginia Beach whose wife is in home hospice and another cousin in Kill Devil Hills who decided to tough it out, so I'm interested in what's going on too. But there are ways I can -- under my own control -- find out what's happening hurricane-wise as well as the fact that I can chat, email, phone, or look at their Facebook pages to see what's happening with them personally, because they know their families are concerned and want to know.

Meanwhile, just south of us, three different communities had a series of fireball explosions virtually all at once on Thursday. Firemen could not keep up with the calls. Nearly 10,000 people were displaced in Lawrence, Andover, and North Andover.

But do you think there was coverage of this disaster while we were learning -- for the 50th time -- that Florence was downgraded to a Cat 1?

Nope. The best I could do was to listen to the local talk show callers, who were calling all day to tell us their experiences with the explosions/fires.

The wall to wall coverage of a tropical storm with reporters trying their best to horribilize the whole thing was frustrating and counterproductive.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I saw that on Youtube, @Michelle Anderson . Three whole towns were apparently hit by the gas explosions, and the video that I watched said they were all being evacuated.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    That is strange behavior for natural gas. It almost sounds like an extremely low pressure system, or that major valves had been turned off and later turned back on. If these fireballs occurred simultaneously, it may suggest that they were caused intentionally.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I don't know how this happened, but I am sure that law firms all over the country are lining up for a piece of the pie.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Don Alaska and Ken Anderson like this.
  8. Michelle Anderson

Michelle Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Here in New England, that means clay pipes.

Much of our town -- including our own home -- have clay pipes. They're no longer very stable. About 15 years ago, our plumbing was messed up. Turns out tree roots from our neighbor across the street had broken through our pipes.

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Michelle Anderson, are you talking about terracotta pipe? Can they be used for natural gas?