For My Eyes Only

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bill Boggs, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve been sitting here in my comfy chair watching the tele ( the storm) and trying to read but realized I was cold and my feet very cold. I got up, locked at the thermometer, it is set on and read 76 degrees. I got up and walked to the bedroom and into the office and to the kitchen trying to warm my feet and get some feeling back into them. I walked out side into the sunshine. I sat in a straight backed chair, pulled off my shoes and socks and put my feet on the very warm con crete. When they warmed a little I rubbed each of them trying then warmed them again on the sun baked concrete. I put my shoes and socks back on, coiled up my oxygen tubing and am back inside sitting here at the computer, wondering what I might write that anyone would want to read. I drew a blank, couldn’t think of a thing. No one is interested in someone who complains all the time. So this is for my eyes only Sometime it just help to write. Cheers, William.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Sheldon Scott and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Great post, Bill!

Bill Boggs likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny thing is Bill...it's been windy and rainy here today... and although I've got a cardigan , blouse and trousers on..I felt really cold indoors, and this is usually a warm house particularly upstairs ... so I went to turn the Hive heating on, and discovered it was 70 degrees in the house, yet I was cold...shouldn't be cold at 70 degrees... but even his nibs felt the cold too...so I turned the heating on to just 1.5 degrees hotter than the room, and within 10 minutes I had to turn it off.. I was too hot... .

Hedi Mitchell and Bill Boggs like this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Registered

They say it happens in the best of families, so no sweat.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree that sometimes it does help to just express yourself in writing Bill...but if you want it to be for your eyes only you are going to have to write it down on a piece of paper and not on the Forum where all our eyes can see it. :)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Just ignore the naysayers, @Bill Boggs. I, for one, enjoy your thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

7. Bill Boggs

Registered

[QUOTE I agree that sometimes it does help to just express yourself in writing Bill...but if you want it to be for your eyes only you are going to have to write it down on a piece of paper and not on the Forum where all our eyes can see it. :)[/QUOTE]
    But occasionally because we are conditioned sometime from childhood to look upon that which is mark plainly it is not for us, or doing what is forbidden, how best to entice a reader than to say, perhaps, 'For my Eyes Only'? Only a thought.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

But occasionally because we are conditioned sometime from childhood to look upon that which is mark plainly it is not for us, or doing what is forbidden, how best to entice a reader than to say, perhaps, 'For my Eyes Only'? Only a thought.[/QUOTE]

That too @Bill Boggs :) They don't call me "Snoop Dog" for nothing! :p

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

That too @Bill Boggs :) They don't call me "Snoop Dog" for nothing! :p[/QUOTE]
    I bow, Madame, to superior wisdom.

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometimes it's wiser to let things be rather than be snoopy. Nobody likes snoops.