For Those That Watch Tv

Discussion in 'Movies & Entertainment' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, @Kalvin Mitnic , you got me on those funnies. Many of which are used here in Texas, especially here in Eastern the part of Texas. So I'll throw this your way.

Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?
    SOVEREIGN INDIAN: This is the Chickens inherent right as he is indigenous to this land!!!
    MILITANT INDIAN: That chicken should block the road, not cross the road!!!
    GRASSROOT INDIAN: If the darn chickens need to get across the road, let 'em cross the darn road!
    COLONIZED INDIAN: Chiggens should never cross the roads that white men built before the great white father crosses it first. If the white father crosses it, it is good. We must then follow.
    AMERICANIZED INDIAN: We must have roads. We must cross the roads that the white man built for us. We have to be thankful to the white man for this. I don't know why you Indians are always complaining. You embarrass us. Chickens are good for us.
    REPUBLICAN INDIAN: It's true that that white man built those roads for us. We are merely chickens. We will always be chickens until we learn to build those roads ourselves - for profit.
    DEMOCRATIC INDIAN: The chicken crossed the road because he didn't have enough funding.
    TRADITIONAL INDIAN: Those chiggens weren't traditional because they were supposed to be on it - not crossing it!
    INDIAN GRANDPA: I think he was runnin' away from rezidential school.
    URBAN INDIAN: That chicken crossed the road 'cause it was a city, man. You know what I mean?
    NEW AGE INDIAN: It was basically because of Jungian dream therapy, drumming, sweatlodges, my shaman, and long walks on the beach, near my beach house.
    POW WOW INDIAN That chicken must have been heading to a 49!
    EDUCATED INDIAN: I think it has to do with Einstein's theory which basically posits: "Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the chicken?"
    REZ INDIAN: Whats a chicken?
    IHS INDIAN: I really don't care why he crossed that road. We still aren't paying for no stinkin hospital bills.
    BIA INDIAN: They crossed it because of CFR 49, Section 11299, gives them the authority to do so, under Department of Interior regulations, in the Executive Branch. They wrote a grant and we funded them. We are very proud of them.
    KFC INDIAN: I'll take a leg, a thigh, with corn and potatoes. Extra Crispy, please.
    And finally....................
    TRIBAL INDIAN COUNCIL: The chicken crossed the road without our approval! Fire his family!!!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Veteran Member
    Registered

Punny Indian " cause it was a Road Island Red" [​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Today my grandson turned 27. He's actual been up and in the livingroom binge watching the series Vikings since about around 9:am. This is his idea of a exciting day. Man, I sure had a different idea and experience when I turned 27. :eek: :p :D :rolleyes:

Holly Saunders and Tim Burr like this.
  4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

But, But... it has Ragnar, Shield Maidens and Shield walls!
    Cool boats and stuff...!:)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  5. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

Vikings, season 5B, had it's premiere tonight on the History Channel. As usual, during the day the prior season replayed and for the hour before the first new show there was a retrospective, this time centering on Bjorn Ironsides. I find this series so compelling and beautifully produced. Real gory battle scenes, intense passions. Love it!

I love TV, always have. Hey, maybe this belongs in Sir Walter's 'Happiness' thread!

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes I like TV, but I hate the adverts so I record everything that I want to watch and Fast forward through the commercials...

I like Quiz shows and documentaries best....

Maggie Mae likes this.
  7. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Big Fan of British TV, is it still called 'telly?' Thankfully, many shows of yours are available here. My first purchase when I lived in England was a telly license! Next was to rent a TV. I have priorities you know. LOL.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yes it's still called telly... but not as much as it once was. I think you can still rent TV's, I don't know for sure, it's decades since we rented a TV!!

How long ago since you were here Lulu, and which part of the UK?

9. Sir Walter Pasty

Sir Walter Pasty Veteran Member
    Registered

I still hanker for the days when we only had three channels and they opened up and closed down!

10. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Well, the last time I was there was not since the late '70's. I spent, in total, about 4+ years beginning in 1969. You'll forgive me, please, if my memory of exact times are a bit off. The last time I spent a full year. I was a grad student in Oxford. Prior to that, I would spend about 6+ months in the U.K., mostly in London and Glastonbury. Visited most of England, Scotland, Wales pretty thoroughly. Lived in Zurich for a year, too. Spent months in Italy. Zurich was one of my favorite destinations but I hold England closest to my heart.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well that's kind of you, but I'm afraid the whole of the Uk has changed dramatically since you were here over 40 years ago... not the same place at all. I too lived and worked in Italy back in the late 80's early 90's.. just outside Verona..

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  12. Lulu Moppet

Registered

Told you my memory off a wee bit, Holly. Totally forgot the extensive times over the years I spent in Holland & Germany. France, but not extensively. I know Uk has changed, still have friends there, but some things will never change. Britain is timeless, IMO.

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

me too in Germany , ( Frankfurt)..and Holland )hoofddorp

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

You're not serious?... :eek:

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

License?