Forums And Your Email Id

Discussion in 'Notices & Announcements' started by Frank Sanoica, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

On that other forum, I had my email ID as my signature, appeared on every post. Some warned me it was a serious mistake to this as it could bring much spam and invites viruses. The Admin had no problem with it, as I cleared it with him first.

At this point, my posts remain, but have no signature, as the forum deleted all info except the posts themselves. The email ID has been gone from view for many weeks. This morning I got a spam email, from a company in China, making certain requests in relation to the forum itself. The email was begun with a warning in red. I did not read the entire note, it struck me as humorous, if anything, as my email contains absolutely nothing of trueb value beyond friendly chatter with folks who thought more of me as a person, than did the forum leaders themselves.

Just thought you might want to know.

Frank

Linda Binning and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  2. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Why would you want your email made public like that? If someone wanted to contact you on that forum, a PM would go to your email anyway.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bonnie Thomas : Good points! I created that ID specifically for the forum, thus, it's final disposition, use, or misuse are relatively unimportant. Of course, those few folks who kept in touch would be lost due it's demise. Surprisingly, while it was still in public view, I got almost no spams (and few legitimate) emails.

Regarding PMs, at this point, I'd really rather not "go there", but will say this, please see your conversation place. Thanks! Frank

Bonnie Thomas likes this.