Found A New Fiction Mystery Author

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Denise Evans, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

new to me anyway;) Lyn Cote. I just started a book lastnight and another "can't put it down":) The one I'm reading, I was able to find at the Overdrive/Library2go online for the county library. I read these on my Nook. It's called "Dangerous Game" and about a guy that comes back to his hometown in Wisconsin after 7 years in prison. He doesn't want to come back but he won't abandon his Aunt Elsie, who recently was diagnosed with Parkinsons.

You can look at a clip of it here, dangerous game.PNG

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds interesting @Denise Happyfeet Enjoy your reading this weekend. :) I sure would enjoy seeing a few of your water photos too on here.

Denise Evans and Bill Boggs like this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

It's raining here lately, so not getting out to photo much. But I will keep on keepin on @Babs Hunt ;)

Bill Boggs and Babs Hunt like this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Can I asked what camera you use? And what do you like to shoot?

5. Denise Evans

Registered

Hi Bill, I usually take just my cellphone when I want to go walking for exercise. But I have another camera that I use when I want to really try for some nice photos. It's still an inexpensive, digital. Here it is, I mean one I found on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-FinePix-Optical-Digital-Camera/dp/B0090NZSM8

I had a nice, little Kodak that took exception photos, but I had to have one with the option to do manual settings. I haven't tried for a long time now to even learn them. I also use a tripod because I have a tremor. Another trick I learned was to use my timer so I don't mess up when hitting the shutter button. I set the timer and then"step away from the camera" LOL!! I get nice, clear shots that way;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

That sounds like a book I would like. However, I started a James Patterson a couple of months ago, and I am not even half way through. I am also re reading a book on my Kindle,The Hangman, which I read once already, but found it to be a good read, so I decided to read it again. I don't get a lot of time to read, and when I do, it tends to be magazines and the like. Maybe this summer when there is not a lot on TV, I may do more reading.

7. Denise Evans

Registered

I don't get into anything deeper than the smaller fictions because I read to relax before bed. I realized they were comforting, and uplifting, so I stick with those. I do have many other interests, but notice I haven't been as interested in movies, even the old ones anymore. I used to really be a movie buff, like I knew them all;) I think my interests are just changing, and hopefully to healthy things;) I think James Patterson is top-notch. He does the Alex Cross books right? I think I know of more of his works as well. I enjoyed the movies like Hunt for Red October, The Pelican Brief, all those where the lead character is Jack Ryan, etc. So those types of books, and the movies, I enjoy as well.

I want to read the one about Capote. I guess there is a movie out, been out awhile now, but I prefer to read the book. To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite book, and movie of all time. I read somewhere that the little, boy Dil, or Del??, was based on Truman Capote when he was a little boy. Don't know if that is true, but interesting for sure.

8. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, Patterson does the Alex Cross books. He has a number of fictional heros and heroines. He is one of the most prolific authors of our time, right up there with Stephen King. I read his bio on wiki, apparently he was an advertising executive before he turned his talents to writing.

9. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks bunches. I have a little canon 1100 elf but I get some out of focus every once in a while. I haven't conquered the technology yet.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

that's my biggest issue @Bill Boggs getting things out of focus. I actually had better luck with my first camera, the Kodak. I'll see if I can find a pic of it. My new one is much heavier, and I don't enjoy taking it on my regular walks, where I could probably get more shots. I always see things I'd like to have a good pic with, better than I can get with my phone, but it's light weight;)

Bill Boggs likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

I just put the next book from Lyn Cote on my "holds" from library2go. I am wizzing through Dangerous Game so fast, I want to have another ready to start, lol;) The next one is in the same town/area of Wisconsin. Lyn actually lives there, that's why her descriptions of the area are so vivid in her books I'm sure:) For being just small novels, I think she is an excellent writer;)

I wanted to mention that I have looked in other library2go "counties" in both Oregon (my home-State) and California. Some have more of the books/authors. I still use my library in Oregon, even though I have a library card for my county here in CA. There are way, more books by my fave authors in the Oregon county. So if you have a library card from anywhere, you can still check digital books out from there.

If anyone wants library2go on there Nook, Kindle etc. I can help you with it. It's a little confusing, or was for me at first, but now I can get around the site easily;)

12. Bill Boggs

Registered

Thanks for the comeback. Mine is not heavy, I carry it in my shirt pocket or a fanny pack. I think my problem is the automatic focus.