Fox News By Faye

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Walmart will be open. :D

Faye Fox likes this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nov. 29, 2019 10:12 PST ---
    I put the final touches on my avatar
    10aaaaaa.jpg

3. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nov. 29, 2019 13:54 PST --- Here is the thing! I am not a Black Friday
    shopping girl. I took my walk around a large shopping center and the
    75% off sale sign caught my eye. I could use some new boots for
    winter. Not a chance they would have my size, width, and the 1.5 to 2.5"
    heel and arch support I need. It wasn't crowded and my eye caught sight
    of a couple pair boots. Name brand high quality. I found my size and tried them on.
    Regular price $100 each and $200 for both, but it cost me a mere $50 for
    both. I almost ran home with them. I got out my super insoles and put them
    in. Both pair fit perfect with arch insoles. Zek and another friend both agreed
    they are perfect for me. A cowgirl look with an urban flair. Function and fashion.
    I can't remember ever going shopping on Black Friday. So glad I walked by that store.
    IMG_2962.JPG IMG_2963.JPG IMG_2956.JPG

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  4. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Those look great Faye. Congratulations. I know how hard it is to find good shoes.

Faye Fox likes this.
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Thank you! It was unbelievable to find one pair, but two and on such a sale and such quality, was really a lucky find and I wasn't even shopping.

6. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Nov. 30, 2019 03:34 PST --- I have never been a procrastinator. That is until recently. I use to make a list in the evening of the things I needed and wanted to do the next day. I started this after retirement and got a lot accomplished. After my cancer surgery, I just cannot get organized and make a list and follow it. Sure I make a list, but it is usually under my morning coffee while I play computer. It never gets read and the morning is gone with nothing accomplished. Today I must remove the last of the leaves taunting me and causing me ill feeling about the neighbors that never clean up their leaves and allow their dogs to run free before daylight. Why is my yard a favorite pooping place? I am tempted to get out my electric fence charger and string a wire around my front yard. I used it in the back yard to keep skunks and opossums out several years ago. I hate opossums! UGLY RATS! Anyway that plan backfired on me when a very small skunk got under as he was being shocked and needless to say I paid for that genius plan for a few days. I bet an electric wire in front would land me in jail. Too many PETA whackos around here. This is no country for an old cowgirl. Wearing my new boots today and the idea of cleaning dog poo from the soles probably wasn't on the list. I'll never know for sure as it was an extensive spill as I set my coffee down hard trying to maintain my balance. Yes, my new boots with 2.5" heels are classy and sassy, but not as stable as my 1.5 and 2" heels. I must eliminate "sashay" from my walk styling. I hear my daddy's voice, "Faye, those aren't cowgirl boots; those are Spanish dancing boots and there won't be any dancing going on around here today."

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  7. Nancy Hart

Registered

Faye, your encounter with dog deposits while raking leaves brings back memories.

My house is in a rental area not far from the old part of the Vet School here. All the neighbors are students, and almost all of them think they need at least one dog.:confused: They used to let them run loose. I also toyed with the idea of an electric wire years ago, but it's illegal in town.

Things have gotten much better in recent years. Everyone seems to have become more responsible with their pets. Not so out in the country, but at least there's more space.

Some people never learn to walk in anyone else's shoes, so to speak. ;)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Faye Fox likes this.
  8. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Dec. 4, 2019 05:28 PST --- Well, not much to report. I love my new boots with the 2 3/4" heel which is really 3" with my insoles. Trying to get use to being so tall. I was 5' 9" and now I am 6'. My balance is getting really good and I wore them all day yesterday for attending several holiday functions. I hate shopping, but my leggings I wear under my mom jeans for winter walking were shot. A prime example of the holey tell. I can't use leggings that have polyester in them. I don't care how much they brag about wicking away moisture, they don't for me. So after searching several stores, I finally found some that were Nylon/spandex. I am wearing them this morning and they feel great. Waiting for daylight so I can layer up, get on my headscarf, my walking shoes, and hit the concrete and asphalt. We had a little snow, so most sideways are slick, but the main roads are dry.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Nancy Hart and Bill Boggs like this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Speaking of shoes.
    EF657E54-9FBC-4A15-A784-92BBFF463643.jpeg
    Trying out a new style here. What we wants to remember is,
    don't spendy our money money all in one place and keeps a
    little back, cause it might beyour only friend when you're all
    down ane out.

Faye Fox likes this.
  10. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Dec. 17, 2019 11:25 PST --- Just thinking about my days growing up on a mountain ranch as I sort and
    organize old photos. This is one of my favorite photos from many years back. I also made a new avatar.
    I started a Facebook as Faetta Fox. Hopefully it won't get hijacked this time. Happy Holidays to all, Faye
    17202219mSYI7HJd.jpg ff resize.jpg

11. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Whatever challenges we face in the coming new year, let's face them with poise and dignity and show others kindness and compassion! Happy New Year, Faye

So far my Facebook is going well and no hacking problems. I am there as Faetta Fox and look forward to your friendship request.

2020 FF SOC.jpg

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  12. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Seasons Greetings and a Healthy and Happy New Year to you too.

Bill Boggs, Faye Fox and Nancy Hart like this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Registered

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too, Faye.
    candycane1.gif

Bill Boggs and Faye Fox like this.
  14. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

15. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

Dec. 29, 2019 - 05:51 hours PST ---- AHEM!!! AHEM!!! AHEM!!! I need to know the mans name that had the time on his hands to count 41 billion microscopic friendly bacteria in a mere 6 OZ serving of my morning peace offering to my intestines. Now mind you, not 41 million or even 40.999 billion, but 41 billion! I need to meet this man. I know it was a man because no woman has the time or interest to do such a task. The maker of this yogurt would not respond to my request to release this man's name. My intestines need to know who they are in love with. Meticulous is one of my requirements that would make me rethink my iron clad single to death rule. If he meets the other 99 requirements, I will have to go shopping for the perfect wedding dress. So much to do and such little time ... SIGH!!!
    291446103DHIx72D.jpg

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019