Fright Of My Life

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Kate Ellery, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

We decided we’d go out yesterday , for our social interest as we’d been unable to go dancing for the last 8 weeks beacuse of surgery I had in November

We left Home about 8 am to travel to Adelaide ,which is about 1/12 ..to 2 hours drive from our Home in a small country town .

We travel on a country type road during our travels for approx 70 km ...then we meet up with a major highway called highway one to travel a further 90 km depending on what part of the city / suburbs we are going to ...
    The highway consists of two lanes each way seperated by a large medium strip that has allot of native bushes and shrubs .

We was about 50 km from our destination when we rounded a bend on the ONE WAY. highway and was confronted with a speeding car heading towards us on the wrong side of the road ...We was in the other lane but two cars were about to overtake us .. when they had to brake and drop back behind us to ovoid a head on collision which would have likly involved us as well as we were all fairly close together as well as three semi trailers not far behind us .....I shiver at the thought of what could have happened .....despite us ,the trucks and the other cars all flashing out lights at the offending driver ..the car continued out of site ..at high speed ..( the speed limit on the highway is 110 km hour )

We stopped a little shaken at what we’d just seen ....and phoned the police who were going to try to track the
    car down before they killed some poor person

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yikes.... very scary...glad you're okay though.

I would have been shaken also.

3. Kate Ellery

Registered

Thank you @Chrissy Cross yes it was a fright ...
    Just before Christmas an Adelaide man was killed by a tourist from overseas who was doing the exact same thing
    Only about 10 km from where we had the fright yesterday

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery , I can understand how terrifying that was. That happened to me a long time ago. It was nighttime and there was a lot of traffic. I avoided the car but he hit another car head on and killed several people. I think one of them was a mother and a couple of her children. The autopsy showed that he was drunk. I know I was shaking like a leaf when I managed to get by him.
    I wonder why a driver was headed the wrong way in the morning? Have you heard if they managed to stop him?

5. Kate Ellery

Registered

When I was talking to the police @Shirley Martin they told me the patrol was on its way .....trouble is the police station was 30 km away ..unless a car was closer ( maybe )
    No I’ve not heard a word but they knew who I was from my phone number I didn’t have to give them any details at all

That’s the trouble shirley there’s drivers seem to survive and it’s always the totally innocent that get killed

This was about :9.20 am as we were heading to a Just after lunch dance

Shirley Martin likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

So glad to hear y'all made it safely through that nightmare @Kate Ellery and I sure hope the police were able to find that person and get him/her off the road before they hurt someone.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Horrible experience, hope you're feeling better today Kate