Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Great picture, Steve! Y'all look so happy.

2. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks... I have a few more with my granddaughter which I will post as soon as I have a moment..

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Steve North

Registered

Today is our Jewish New Year ...

[​IMG]

4. Steve North

Registered

Its gotten cold lately.. I think the heat of summer is all over for us here up north..
    We now have the winter comforter on the bed and I have the heat on in the house..
    We have had a really nice frost to kill our veggie plants and our flowers..

5. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

@Steve North have you seen the Aussie TV series called A place to,call home ( which was on free to air tv ) the. It was bought by Foxtel so if you want to see it you have to have Foxtel subscription or buy the series on Disc when it’s released each Easter
    Anyway we have the whole ( six sets ) series on Disc https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2258904/
    It’s a nice story of a lady who,is Jew ( as she’s referred to in the series ) and shows how she was harshly treated in Australia After leaving her war torn country
    She left her country after she was told her husband had been killed while being held as a prisoner of war
    We found the whole series very interesting

Hope none of this offends you Steve as it was not my intention
    Happy Jewish new year

6. Steve North

Registered

Kate..
    We watch it all the time here on TV.. It is a very interesting program.. Sad at times as well..
    Thanks for the wishes....
    Definitely NOT offended....

Kate Ellery likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Registered

Happy New Year, Steve! May your year be filled with many blessings and no sorrow.

I'm sorry I haven't been playing the games the last few days. I have just been very busy. I hope I can catch up tomorrow.

Y'all go look at the Hurricane Florence thread. It's coming and we are as ready as we can be.

8. Steve North

Registered

We are having a friend of ours stay with us that is abused at home.. She will be with us for about a week (at the most) and she will be sleeping in our 2nd bedroom where I have my computer.. She is coming here tomorrow, Tuesday..
    She definitely needs to get away for a while so things can cool off at her house.. Unfortunately it isn't a pleasant situation there..
    Again, that means I will NOT be able to use my computer during the time she is staying with us.. Now, my wife has a laptop that if I get a chance, I can use..
    That means I will be cooking for 3 for the week.. All my pre-frozen foods are in portions made for 2.. That will be interesting !!!
    We feel this move we are doing is totally necessary for the sanity of both of them.. Being abused isn't acceptable..

9. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Shirley , i hope your safe and sound and that your not flooded out. they say the hurricane slowed down but its still very dangerous. please ,when ever you get your power back . let us know how your doing.. ASAP!!!

10. Steve North

Registered

Just a very quick update on the situation going on here..
    She had a phone call from her husband on Wednesday night and he was super verbally abusive to her on the phone..
    He didn't care what she was doing and didn't even ask how she was..
    Other than that, things here are going well with NO problems at all.. I think she is going back home on Monday..
    She went to the hairdresser to have her hair cut.. It was very long and now it is quite short.. Just wait till her husband sees her.. Her hair was down to her waist and now shorter than shoulder length..
    I will be back as soon as I can use my wife's laptop again...……….
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shirley.. For goodness sake, stay safe.. Please keep in touch to let us know you are safe and OK...

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

We have had some blustery wind and a lot of rain. The lights keep blinking but so far, the power has stayed on. I just had the biggest scare of my life. They showed on TV that a tornado passed over my house. They said, "Go to your safe place and stay there!" It didn't touch down but somebody nearby said they saw the funnel cloud. It dissipated a few minutes later.

Steve, I had a neighbor who often came to my house for a couple of weeks at a time because her husband was abusive. She finally left him. That might be what your friend should do. I doubt if the abuse is going to stop.

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Jeez Shirley... what a scare.:eek:...how close are you to the coast?...

13. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad to hear you did not get that !! still is too close for comfort, thats for sure..

14. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve seen the devastation on TV and from the news it haven’t finished yet
    Thinking of you @Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Holly Saunders, I am about 130 miles from the coast, a little northeast of Raleigh. The storm was 400 miles across. It reached from near Virginia to South Carolina at one point. We didn't get the worst of it. The tornado was in one of the outer bands. It is over for us now except for the rain.