Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Unfortunately, my printer is only a black and white one and NOT coloured printing..
    The reason I bought this one is because the coloured ink would always dry out and the printer didn't work.. All of my printing is information anyway..
    The unit I have is a black/white printer, photocopy, and fax machine all in one.. i use the fax quite often..

Thanks for the information, but you know something will come about with this camera business.. Most likely I will just have to bite the bullet and live with the more modern times like everyone else does...
    Just because I am pushing 80 years old doesn't mean I have to keep on living in the stone ages....

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Steve North

Registered

this is not a complaint ... just an observation...

Do you notice that it is always just a handful of us that are playing the games ???
    Somehow there were more players some time ago..
    Look at the names of those that started some of the games and they are no longer here.... I wonder what happened to them....

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

yes I know Steve..but it seems the whole forum has lost a lot of active members I don't know why

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

People come into our lives, stay for a while, then move on; online as well as in our real world.

We are having record numbers of guests (aka lurkers) lately. I hope some of them like us well enough to join the board and join in our games.

Until then, we'll just carry on as best we can. :D

5. Steve North

Registered

And carry on we shall.................................

This coming week-end is the local winter carnival here in Massey.. Another super packed week-end of tourists who will be enjoying all the festivities..
    Yes, we will be going to the carnival as well.. Sleigh rides are loads of fun, outside dancing in the snow, watch a hockey game, have something to eat (free BBQ), hot chocolate,coffee (free), and just meet all kinds of people.......
    Dress warm will be the object to staying out for a long while which we will do.. They are calling for just a bit of snow (2 to 5cms) on Saturday but above normal temperatures of -5c to -3c which is just perfect with little or no wind.....
    HUGE bonfire at night as well as a large fireworks display....
    A dance in the arena on Saturday night with a live band..... This is liquor free, NO ALCOHOL, just dancing... Again, free food and drinks..

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Sounds like a wonderful weekend Steve, I'd love to have the chance to take part in that...

7. Steve North

Registered

Well Holly.. We don't have interest in every event but we will be out there meeting the people ans viewing what we like..
    personally, I think I will be hanging out near the food...
    a hockey game might be just the thing to transfer us from outside to indoors...

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

Today is a beautiful sunny day, as was yesterday... we went out to the village pub for a lunch and a drink and met up with some friends and caught up with a lot of news .. then I took a walk across my neighbours' paddock to visit with the their horses, they always get very relaxed when I talk to them

DSCF78911-crop.jpg ...

Shirley Martin likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Nice picture, Holly. It does look like a pretty day. We have had rain and more rain. And cold. But not as cold as at Steve's house. :D I went to Walmart yesterday. It was cold, pouring rain and the wind was blustery. There were some Girl Scouts out in front under a tent selling cookies. The last thing I need right now is Girl Scout cookies. But, because I so admired their gumption for braving the elements to sell cookies, I bought two boxes of the Thank You cookies. They are sooooo good! Fortunately, Bubba and my company helped me eat one box today. Now, what to do with the other box???????????? Later today, the sun came out and it turned a lot warmer. The spring peepers are singing tonight. My red maple trees are hanging full of those little red thingies that make seeds. Spring is coming.

10. Steve North

Registered

I won't say a word about what is going on up here..
    We had a day of crazy weather.. Freezing rain, rain, snow, and extremely windy during all this....
    Ended up with 15cms of snow which is really nothing but the wind was fierce making visibility almost nil..
    Mild temperature at +2c in the morning and it dropped to -5c later on which is very mild...

11. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

Talk about bad weather we have had just way too much rain and have made records amounts of rain for this week. the Tenn. river has crested to an amount of a never before water level.s. farmers fields look like lakes. the trailer court near the river is flooded. etc...here are a few pics..
    Tenn. River flooding 034.JPG

Attached Files:

12. Louise Williams

Registered

13. Louise Williams

Registered

14. Louise Williams

Registered

Took this over the Tenn.River bridge . These summer homes are right on the River. no one lives there all year round..in the background are farming fields . Tenn. River flooding 002.JPG

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Steve North

Registered

Wow Louise.. !!!!!!
    That is some water problem....