Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Bit scary Shirley ..we rarely get thunderstorms ⛈ cause we live in the driest state in Australia

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

They don't scare me as long as I'm safe inside. :rolleyes:

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I was discussing the sound bar with my Princess.. She sais at our age, it would be nice to hear properly what we are watching..
    Also the speakers on our new TV are on the bottom, of all places...
    We find that during a program the volume jumps up and way down.. sometimes it is too low so we raise the sound and a minute later we are lowering it.. Will the sound bar keep the sound at a steady level or will we still have that problem.?? Perhaps if the sound comes out the front the problem could be solved..
    I will check out Amazon and Wayfair for some sort of a deal....

4. Steve North

Registered

I just found one (sound bar) on Amazon that has a 5 star rating..
    It was on special, and they gave me a $15.00 discount and free shipping.. Total was just a few pennies over $100.00 and it will be here on Monday..
    It has 60 watt of power, and is supposed to be good for the hard of hearing..
    It is just a bit more than I wanted to spend, but what the heck...... go for it...

5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm sure you will like the sound bar, Steve.

We're going to the beach Sunday morning and will be back either Tuesday or Wednesday. We're going out to eat tomorrow so I may or may not be online tomorrow. Y'all hold the fort.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Steve North

Registered

Totally enjoy yourself Shirley..
    The fort will be safe and sound and held for your return.. Unless we get attacked, of course..

The sound bar just arrived today and I will be installing it soon...

7. Steve North

Registered

Actually the sound bar doesn't sound any better than the TV other than the sound is in the front instead of the back..
    I had to raise up the TV by the legs in order for the sound bar to fit in front..
    Just another remote to worry about...

8. Steve North

Registered

Tomorrow I will be painting the upstairs balcony.. It hasn't been done in 16 years and it is time.. I use a stain, not a paint and it is Ranch Red in colour..
    The main problem is doing the outside which requires a very tall ladder from the porch.. Yes, I will be climbing the ladder to paint.. The floor is the last thing to do..
    That should take me all day to do..
    Today I will be preparing to paint by removing everything on the patio underneath it, putting down drop sheets, cleaning the upstairs balcony by vacuuming the wood..

The reason I am telling you this is because I might be too tired after a hard days work to come on here.. I will have to see how I feel..

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Wouldn't you be safer using ladders with a platform , Steve? [​IMG]

10. Milla Jonas

Milla Jonas Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree with what @ Kate Eallery said on post number 3072 ...YOU get what you Pay for Steve north :oops::eek:
    Can you return the item for a refund ??

I don’t have a sound bar, I don’t watch enough tv to warrant buying such an expensive item if I was to buy one I’d have to update my 10 + year old TV which is very outdated by today’s standards

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

I agree you get what you pay for...
    It cost me from amazon $169.00 ... I don't think that is a cheap one..
    There were others from $75.00 and up.. I chose a better one hoping I would get some good sound....
    Yes I can return it, but what will I get to replace it ??? .....I really don't want to spend more $$$ than I already did...

12. Steve North

Registered

Holly...
    A scaffold just wouldn't do it as I would be moving it every few minutes, and besides, I don't have to go that high..
    Just about 10 feet... that's all.. No problem as I am used to ladders and I'm not scared of heights.. I have done this before..
    Thanks for the suggestion and the concern... I will be OK... If not, I will hire someone to do the job...

13. Milla Jonas

Milla Jonas Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I’ve never looked at Amazon site to know their policies on returns if an item is not what you expected it to be
    it may be worth a phone call to find out their policies on returns on the basis of not suitable for my use

14. Steve North

Registered

Why return it ???
    It is a sound bar... it works... the sound is better than before..
    So ????????
    I thought it would give a fabulous sound which it doesn't... Just a sound bar that has the speakers in front instead of the back like the TV...

Amazon is fabulous for returns.. No questions if you don't like the product, send it back...
    I don't want to send it back !!! I need a sound bar and this one will do ............

15. Steve North

Registered

Holly................. As far as painting goes... Today is the day as it will be sunny and warm for the next few days..
    I am going to start with the inside upstairs which is easy but long to do.. The walls, the fence, and then the floor...
    no ladder or climbing necessary...
    If I have problems with the outside part, I will hire someone to do it.. At my age, my wife doesn't want me climbing ladders any more..