Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Such good news Louise and Steve that you have barely been touched by this virus. I expect the reason being that you two and Nancy Hart also, live in isolated rural towns with a small population. The virus epicentres are the big cities. Tho I am very gratified that Sydney has had only some 25 deaths..mostly in aged care homes. Our death toll is due in the main to quick work by our government health people.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I read earlier today that more people in NC have died from the virus so far than have died from the flu. I was thinking about venturing out tomorrow but now I have changed my mind.

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

The population of Massey is just under 1000 people....
    We don't have any cases at all...
    Most of the village is closed down except the grocery, post-office, pharmacy, and the liquor store...
    Even if you want to go out, there isn't anywhere to go...

4. Shirley Martin

Registered

My BIL said that they have opened one of our beaches. I surely would like to go down there. I'm going to try to find somebody to go with me soon, staying a safe distance apart, of course. :) It's way too early to go into the water but I just love walking on the sand and listening to the waves wash onto shore.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  5. Craig Wilson

Registered

Sydney too is reopening several beaches. Only for walking, running or swimming. Sunbaking is verboten. Still with winter a whisper away not sure too many will be sunbaking in any case.

I will go with you Shirley. I too enjoy a simple walk along the beach.. preferably at sunrise or sunset.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
  6. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Just as well we are heading into winter Craig or people would be flocking to the beaches by the 100’s .

We traveled to Adelaide yesterday to get our flu shots ...as well as it was my hubbies birthday so sat in the car and ordered fish and chips ( from a fish and chip shop not Macca’s ) and he had a pineapple fritter for his birthday cake
    :):D
    We had to pick up scripts luckily the shopping centre was very quiet I was able to duck in and out very quickly
    I seen my GP yesterday .,however I’ve got a phone appointment with him tomorrow to talk to him about my congestion / still feeling flat issues .,it was just a clinic for flu shots yesterday

Craig Wilson likes this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Registered

It's still odd to me that y'all are going into flu season and we are just going into spring ... also known as allergy season. :) Kate, i hope you whup this ailment soon.

8. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too kate, hope he can find the source as to what ails you..

yep, allergy season is here too., those bright yellow Golden Rod flowers are blooming like crazy here now.. do not want to be outside on a windy day!

9. Steve North

Registered

You won't believe this, but today …. IT SNOWED AGAIN....
    Looks like winter just doesn't want to go away..

10. Steve North

Registered

Yup..... the winter that refuses to go away.....
    its 8:00am and its snowing very heavy.. It has been snowing on and off all night..
    The high temperature for today is -4c with a slight wind.. That will give a wind-chill of -12c...
    THAT'S CRAZY !!!!!
    its almost the end of April and we should be preparing for spring, not winter...
    GLOBAL WARMING ??????? Yeah right !!!!!

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

Steve, I would offer you my sympathy but, instead, I'm going to say, "Nana nana boo-boo!" :p It's a beautiful warm ,sunshiny day here. :D

12. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Same here,, You live up north , your gonna get snow.. !!

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

Yeah, what she said! :D

Louise Miller likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

Like I said where Steve lives is too cold for me. Here it is in late April and we are having perfect Fall weather.. mid 25C (77F). How is it in Sth Aussie @Kate Ellery.

Y'all have a totally wrong view of southern farm life. Then please fill me in @Shirley Martin. Perhaps skip the livestock and stick with crops only?

Can you do anything with this. Richie and Josie May? He suits my description. Actually she looks a lot like you Shirley. Those horses give me a plot idea. Perhaps Richie and Josie May can use them for tourist rides. This will help their money problems y'all.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2020
  15. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

21 today think the weather man said ,I’ve been outside weeding my little silverbeet / onions / broccoli/ lettuce seedlings it’s nice outside with a nice sea breeze ..wait I’ll go out and take a photo it’s nice clear skies