Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I am NOT taking 2 pain relievers.....
    Gabapentin is for the nerves and NOT for pain,...…… although it is the nerves that are causing the pain..
    I don't take any other pain killer while taking this unless the pain it totally unbearable which has not happened yet...
    I only took both once and not together.. There was about 4 hours in between... That was in the beginning..
    That is still taking 2 different pain pills but I am on top of it.. No overdose for me.... No thanks ……..

So far today, it isn't that bad but not totally painless.. I am getting to bear the pain and not complain..
    It seems like more of a burning itch that I have.. Obviously I can't scratch it..
    My wife has been putting on the lesions some calamine lotion which seems to help for a while.. Actually it really helps..

Today I did absolutely nothing.. I slept in till almost noon.. Relaxed all day... I feel much better for doing nothing...
    HOWEVER.... Tomorrow I was planning on mowing the lawn.. That takes about 1 and 1/2 hours to mow it complete..
    It isn't that bad as I have a rider mower, that means I only drive it.. If I can't do it, I won't push it...

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  2. Steve North

Registered

WOW !!!!
    We had a frost overnight...
    I must get out and check the vegetable plants in our garden to see if they survived or are they dead....

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I live fairly close to the sea and we had a frost a few days ago , NEVER ever been recorded as having a frost in this area before since records stated being kept .
    Our recycle bin was out the front to be collected and it had a good 1/4 inch of ice on the lid brrrrr it was COLD ..our normal winter mornings are usually about 4~ 6 c not minus ...

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, are the plants OK. Did you get the grass cut? Is summer ever going to come at your house? ;):)
    Kate, do you think this weird weather is due to climate change? Our weather here is normal so far this summer.

5. Kate Ellery

Registered

Who knows Shirley ..it’s odd us getting such a heavy frost never experienced it before since we moved here 15 years ago ,some in the area tried to turn in their hoses to wash ice off cars and the hose was frozen stiff

6. Steve North

Registered

Well, I still have the heat on in the house during the evenings and all night..
    Yes, we lost ALL our tomatoes, beans, lettuce, and every plant that was above ground except the onions and carrots...
    We were totally wiped out... We must replant what we can in seeds, but it might be a bit too late..
    who cares, we will plant the seeds anyway..

it warmed up a bit today, so I mowed the lawn in the back, the side, and the front.. Now Annmarie (not me) will take the lawnmower and do between the bushes and the trim... I felt fine during the mowing but afterword's, I was in extreme pain..
    Time for some pain killers..

7. Steve North

Registered

Here is more about the weather up here....
    Just up the road from Massey is the city of Timmins...…. THEY JUST HAD SNOW …!!!!!!!
    This is absolutely crazy.. Mid June and it is still quite cold...
    I realise it is still spring for another week or so, but SNOW ????
    Like I said, I still have the heat on in the house as I write this..

8. Shirley Martin

Registered

Steve, this is the middle of June. Y'all start having frost about the middle of September, don't you? You better plant something that grows rapidly and produces quickly. Have you ever planted snow peas? I planted some in a planter early one year and I think the were ready to pick pretty soon. We don't grow them much here because they are a cool weather crop and they don't last long here.

I have had my AC on for the last couple of weeks. It sure feels good. :)

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’d better go I’m not even dressed yet and it’s almost 10 am ...it’s nice and warm here under my snuggly blanket
    Thanks for games @Shirley Martin it was fun

10. Shirley Martin

Registered

10:00 AM and you're not dressed!!!!!!???? Oh, the shame!!!!! :D Nite nite , Kate. I have to go, too.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Steve North

Registered

today it warmed up a bit.. it was 16c and sunny..
    We went to the garden and we planted some radishes, and cucumbers that both grow fast..
    For the next few days, they are calling for sunny with no rain and gradually getting warmer..

12. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Hi all. Cool but sunny in Sydney. Not much to report except we are on full open up mode come July 1. Finally back to normalcy. Pity it will be mid winter.. the season where I like to find ways to stay warm. Still we have had mild winters past five years. Hope it continues as I enjoy winter walks in the sun and long drives into the country.

Steve hope you are feeling better mate.

13. Kate Ellery

Registered

We are going out dancing with another couple today in a hall in the middle of nowhere ..the closest farm house is about 1/2 km away and every time we start dancing the farmers cat crosses a busy road ,comes into the hall go’s and sits on the stage right next our very small but good speakers of our little stereo we take out each time for our music ( the hall is only used by us )

The cat will sit and watch us for up,to half hours then walk out the back door ..I’m sure he thinks we have something wrong with us after watching us dance

Shirley Martin likes this.
  14. Steve North

Registered

Today I did absolutely nothing at all..
    I sat home all day and just vegetated …
    I also slept about 11 hours last night.. Guess I needed it...
    The biggest thing I did today was cook brunch and supper which was relatively easy..
    Tomorrow is looking to be much the same as today...

15. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

Kate , that is hilarious about that cat, he must be a very cool cat to enjoy ya'll dancing and having a good time, next time! bring him a little milk or treats next time. may as well , he could be your mascot. .try to get a pic of the cat, would be neat to see him enjoying the music. lol.

Kate Ellery likes this.