Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

I realise that you guys in Australia have the population to keep the virus going..
    If only everyone would wear a mask when out of the house, things wouldn't get quite that bad.....
    We here up in our area still don't have a single case and we never did... However we only have about 980 people in our village.. We are super careful and it pays off but with a big population, you can't control it...

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I live in a town of just over two thousand. Fewer than half the people wear masks and most of the businesses haven't even posted the signs or even required employees to wear masks. Yet, the only person here who has tested positive for the coronavirus was a guy who flew back here from China when all of this was started. Although he was not quarantined and was all over town, shopping, attending meetings, shaking hands with people, and so on (my wife even hugged him because he was part of a recovery group she is a member of), no one else has tested positive for the virus.

4. Steve North

Registered

Again Ken, it is the population..
    If we had a million people or more living in our towns, it would be different.. With a small population, we have a great chance of staying clean and safe..
    Glad to hear you are in a safe area..
    As far as masks goes, we up here have been told by our Provincial Government to wear a mask if we go out.. All businesses have the "wear a mask" on their front door and the employees all wear a mask.. Every shop also has a sanitizing station upon entering the shop to sanitize your hands.. Distancing when inside as well..
    Personally, I don't mind, as it has become a way of life and if that is what we must do to stay safe, then we do it.. Such a simple thing to avoid the virus which isn't pleasant..

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Our government has changed the safe distance from 1.5mt to 4mts after reports the virus stays in the air longer and spreads further than was first suspected. For the second time now my brother's housemate is suspected of carrying the virus. So my brother and sil are taking all precautions. It meant our monthly lunch was cancelled which was a bummer.

6. Steve North

Registered

Craig..
    We have 2m distance or as we say up here in the country, a Moose away...
    The length of a Moose is about 2m..

7. Craig Wilson

Registered

That is interesting Steve. So if you get within that 2 mts of a Moose are you in danger.

8. Steve North

Registered

You better believe it.. If you can get 2m away from a Moose, the Moose is dead because it won't let you get close to it under any circumstances..
    Moose are big animals.. Very big.. They easily weigh 500k and are quite shy with humans.. They stay away form humans.. We have plenty of them up here..
    Moose meat is wonderful and I often have some..

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

Morning gamers. Lovely sunny but cool here in Sydney town. Just took my pooches for a walk. Enjoy what is left of your day.

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My neighbor about half a mile down the road has COVID-19 and is in the hospital.

I'm back from the river. It was a nice getaway but it was hot outside. We went for a two hour boat ride but didn't fish any. It wasn't too bad as long as we were in the open water and moving fairly fast but there is a long stretch where you have to idle along. By the time we got back to the landing, I was soaked with sweat. The AC sure felt good when we got back. We didn't get a chance to go bear hunting, Maybe next time.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Craig Wilson

Registered

Stay well away Shirley.

This second wave in Victoria State just keeps worsening. A lone Vic has also caused two new outbreaks in my state. He sneaked in here before the border was closed.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  12. Shirley Martin

Registered

You bet your sweet bippy!

13. Steve North

Registered

I hear there is another virus starting in China which is worse than the corona..
    I am not sure about that, but if anyone has any info on that, it would be appreciated...

14. Shirley Martin

Registered

Have y'all ever heard of the Spanish Flu that occurred in 1919 - 1920? It wiped out one third of the world's population. Sooner or later, something like that will happen again. It has throughout human history. I do hope that something can be done to keep COVID-19 from being the one.

15. Craig Wilson

Registered

If a small portion of our populations continues to ignore expert advice that may well be the case. Look at the spike in cases in the US where people have been released from lockdown. Almost all states are having a second wave of infections. Same is now happening in Aussieland. Victoria State has spread a second wave to my state.

Shirley Martin likes this.