Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

It’s a bit of a worry with having a tiny dog ...luckily we don’t have wolves in Aust ,however we have Dingo’s but only in mainly arid isolated area .

Mind you ......there is a very nice island that’s a huge national park just off the coast of Queensland that has dingos and they have killed kids and attempted to kill adults , they are not afraid of humans ... but the tourists still flock there

Sadly that island is on fire and out of control so it will most prob eliminate some of the over population of dingos

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...ngfisher-bay-resort-prepare-to-leave/12955220

2. Kate Ellery

Registered

3. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate.. They look friendly but obviously they are killers..
    I noticed they travel in packs like wolves.. Wolves are scared of people but not other animals.. They like hunting deer and they are very good at it..
    I will leave the wolf den alone during the winter as we don't go out there anyway.. Come spring, I will decide what to do..
    Perhaps if I import a few dingos to get rid of the wolves..

4. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Tasmanian Devil exists as Shirley pointed out. and yes they are very ornery just like the cartoon character. But the Tasmanian Tiger or Thylacine (below) is now extinct.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yep @Craig Wilson but every now and then someone pops up saying they seen a Tasmanian tiger ..true or imagined ..bit like the black panther thats “seen” in the blue mountains from time to time ...

I’ve seen the Tassie devil in the Dubbo open range zoohttps://taronga.org.au/dubbo-zoo and up the Gold Coast https://currumbinsanctuary.com.au/ The TD make a horrible noise

I wasn’t impressed at all by Currumbin A. S :eek::(

6. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Reckon sitings of the Tassie Tiger are only a hoax as it has been extinct since 1933. Not so sure that is the case with the mysterious Blue Mountain "panther".
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Kate Ellery likes this.
  7. Steve North

Registered

Meanwhile, back at my house, I still have some grey wolves living way too close for comfort to me..
    During the winter, I don't go out at all in the back, but come spring I will have to take matters into my own hands if they are still there..

8. Kate Ellery

Registered

Won’t the wolves leave once it’s spring Steve ? saving you the trouble of making the horrible decision of killing them ....,that would scare me ......can they turn on you ?

9. Steve North

Registered

Kate.... I have no idea if they will leave by spring, but they might have babies by then as well..
    I didn't say I would be killing them but I will get rid of them another way.. Most likely making lots of noise to get them out of the den and then blocking the entrance..
    NO.. They won't come near humans ….. usually, unless threatened, but I will be very careful and protected..
    Lets wait till spring and see what happens.. Meanwhile, lots of snow to come first..

10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, can't you call animal control or whoever removes the bears and have them move the wolves to a remote area?

11. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

you could post some sign out for rthose animals..:p
    " No Bears, wolves or any wild critter allowed on my property or you will be shot!" !!

12. Steve North

Registered

Shirley..... NO !!! They won't do anything unless the wild animals are posing a danger which they are not..

Louise... Great idea except I don't know how to write in the wolf language... I won't shoot them ….!!

What I plan on doing is making enough noise to get them out of the den and when they are all out, block the entrance with a load of gravel…. They will then run into the forest across the road and continue to live there..

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Steve, don't the wolves attack pets and small animals? I'd be afraid to go out after dark there.

14. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

gee, he should maybe fence in his yard, that might solve his problem ..

15. Steve North

Registered

Shirley.... Yes, you are correct and even during the day as well..

Louise.. How can I fence my land that has acres ??? Lots of it is wooded forest..