Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

When we had our home built in 2005- 6 it cost us $145 .000 just for our home ( not the land ) that didn’t include any cement paths
    or driveway just a bare home sitting in the dust ..of course the costs have increased lots since then

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate, is that 145 dollars?

3. Kate Ellery

Registered

$145.000 Shirley ..we’d sold our home in Adelaide so that money built this home

Shirley Martin likes this.
  4. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting Louise.
    Come anytime Shirley

5. Craig Wilson

Registered

Ours cost $400,00 in 1988 with land. Worth almost $900,000 now.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  6. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

You guys are way too much...
    We bought our A-Frame house in 2005 and paid $45,000 with acreage.. The house was built in 1988 and is all electric, no chimney..
    Today our house is worth $200,000.. prices have gone up in Massey..

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

I know someone who lives in Sydney think it’s Randwick ( he’s hubby’s late best friends son )
    I honestly don't know how anyone can afford to buy a home in Sydney Now Days ....

It’s getting nearly as bad in Adelaide upper crust suburbs homes bring $3 million + if you want anything under
    $350. 000 your out in Elizabeth ....Feral country :):D yep it’s named after Queen Elizabeth who visited in 1954 .

Elizabeth was set up as a satellite city in Adelaide ...it was ( is) about 25 miles north of the city
    it was miles from anywhere almost like a leper’s colony when it was set up ...:eek:it was a established to mainly house new immigrants from England to work in the assembly plants such as Holden cars .

Slowly the housing trust ( Single story duplex joined government housing ) built for that purpose are being demolished and land sold off to private developers .

Prior to that the areas were unruly / dole bludgers / drug lords/ single women with children , in the last 10 years or so things are looking up since
    getting rid of what I used to call the ghettos of Adelaide.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  8. Kate Ellery

Registered

This was a typical housing trust double unit for 2 family’s in Elizabeth

3A8EB931-C3FB-4F59-BD6F-26A75D31B2F7.jpeg

Craig Wilson likes this.
  9. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Is it just me, or are those windows awful low to the ground..
    Otherwise it looks like a typical semi-detached bungalow with no basement.. We do have those up here as well..
    They are 3 bedrooms and 1 1/2 bathrooms with a full unfinished basement and a longish driveway.. A decent size back yard as well.. They sell up here for about $100,000 to $125,000 fully finished inside and landscaped..

Its interesting how different places have different prices for their homes..
    Some of the prices of way over $1,000,000 are just out of reach to the average family..
    I wonder how they can afford those homes.. some are even higher priced than that..

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  10. Craig Wilson

Registered

Like to know whose brilliant idea it was to bring 1200 tennis players and support staff to Australia while the world is being ravaged by this new Covid strain. Already there have been three people tested positive since arriving despite a negative pre flite test. We only need one of those 1200 people to slip the bio security net and Australia may be in danger of a major outbreak of this dangerous new strain.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Kate Ellery

Registered

Our friend who’s the mum of the man I said lives in Sydney still lives in a (owned ) old housing trust unit ( in Whyalla ) in SA about 3.5 hours drive from us .
    so I can tell you the bottom part of the windows are fairly low I’d say about 60 cm ..we don’t get snow so I guess they didn’t think they need to be any higher. No basements in these homes Steve

I’ve been in heaps cause Whyalla is full of these homes as the town is supported and run by the steel works
    known as BHP https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whyalla_Steelworks anyone who invests in shares my be well aware of BHP .

The homes only only have one tiny bathroom and the smallest lounge room and three bedrooms ,allot “filled in “ the back verandah to make a extra room .

Whyalla is also known as a welfare town lots who choose not to work stay or move there it’s a long way from Adelaide 4 hour drive ,

12. Kate Ellery

Registered

Think money is more important than our lives @Craig Wilson sad to hear some oldies O/ S have died after getting the jab

13. Craig Wilson

Registered

@Kate Ellery. Give you one guess who allowed this? Chairman Dan Andrews. His govts incompetence killed 800 Aussies. Does he wanna kill another 800 or many more perhaps. It is a known fact that you can get this bloody virus after an earlier negative test. So what do Vic health officials intend doing.. test these tennis players every week. I say yes they must. Sco Mo needed to be able to overide this as our Commander in Chief. Andrews runs the state like a dictator.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  14. Craig Wilson

Registered

An area in southern Sydney where I live was set up as a satellite city too like Elizabeth. When we arrived here the area was semi rural.. with quite a few small food farms. One or two still exist hidden among the bricks & mortar. In just over 30 years the area has tripled in size and population. One suburb has the distinction of being one of the first in the state.. if not our country, to have a solar powered school. My son went to it and between journo jobs I worked there briefly too.

15. Kate Ellery

Registered

BIG .....Money talks my Aussie friend @Craig Wilson Tennis / Cricket lotsa $$$$$$ at least Melbourne has deferred
    the Grand Prix due in March .....but ya know what we have a huge festival in March ...the city is named Mad March so many visitors from you know where ...as well as Australia .,it’s go the OK to go ahead ....,$$$$ filing the tills ringing in the politicians ears .....taxes and more taxes coming in to line the pockets of you know who

https://www.finder.com.au/adelaide-festivals-march

Craig Wilson likes this.