Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

https://samotor.raa.com.au/madmarch2020/

This is similar to our Sydney Festival I expect @Kate Ellery.
    Does Adelaide have anything like this spectacular festival?
    Not big noting my home town. But I think you'd agree this takes some beating the world over.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Just about everything has been cancelled here for the time being. I really hope the vaccine works. We need to get things moving again for the sake of our economy and our mental health.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  3. Craig Wilson

Registered

I fear for you Americans. Biden has a huge job bringing the pandemic under control.

4. Shirley Martin

Registered

I fear for the whole world, Craig. The Spanish flu killed 1/3 of the world's population. Think how much more intercontinental travel there is now than there was then. But one thing we have going for us is the vaccines that President Trump fast tracked. As well as the ones the other countries are working on.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  5. Craig Wilson

Registered

Now that is one thing your president did about which people cant complain. Probably has saved hundreds of lives already. Aussieland is vaccinating next month.. gov says no great hurry as cases are low here and best to first wait for appropriate health approval.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  6. Shirley Martin

Registered

If y'all have very few cases, that makes sense, Craig. I plan to get the vaccine as soon as I can. I'm ready to get out and raise some hell again. :D

Kate Ellery likes this.
  7. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Mad March isn’t a light show like Sydney ( I’d dearly love to see that ) cause a I agree with you about beating that
    MM is acts of all sorts all preformed in halls / theatres/ tents / hotels / clubs set up all around Adelaide like the show grounds / parklands / botanic gardens and in most suburbs .

8. Craig Wilson

Registered

Y'all are a hellraiser?

9. Craig Wilson

Registered

Kate I was comparing your Mad March to our Sydney Festival (below) which varies from Vivid Sydney.
    https://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  10. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Like Shirley, we can't wait for the vaccine to come our way for us to take it..
    as soon as it is available, we will be there..

11. Craig Wilson

Registered

I reckon my bathroom is haunted or jinxed.. or both. Following closely on from our burst hot water pipe which cost a king's ransom to mend another calamity has hit the Wilson bathroom. Wife and I were sitting eating our Sunday breakfast when the serenity of a sunny morning was disturbed when a massive crashing sound of glass shattering came from the back of the house. On inspection we were shocked as the large bathroom vanity mirror had separated itself from the wall and had fallen on to the floor crashing into multiple pieces. It took us half an hour to remove the shards into black garbage bags. We thanked our luck stars that neither of us was in the bathroom at the time. My superstitious wife thanked the gods as she usually takes her bath after Sunday breakfast and dozens of shards had fallen into the empty bath.

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

Craig, call it luck or call it gods, she is lucky she wasn't in there when it fell.

Steve, we had snow here yesterday. My BIL said it snowed as pretty as you have ever seen at his house for about 30 minutes. :D I was running the vacuum cleaner so I didn't get to see it. Maybe next time. :) I told @Kate Ellery a few days ago that my temp and hers were nearly the same. It has taken a nose dive since then.

Craig, I was having a loan of y'all about the hell raising. I'm really a nice, well behaved old lady. :)

Kate Ellery likes this.
  13. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, we also had snow.. if you can call it that.. We had about 4cms which is 1 1/2 inches of snow..
    That is just a light dusting.. WE NEED MORE SNOW VERY BADLY.. We could use about 40cms snow storm..
    To make matters worse, the daytime temperature went up to +3c and melted everything that fell..

14. Craig Wilson

Registered

You are picking up my Aussieisms Shirley. Having a loan:D

What a shame. Prefer a sassy southern belle;)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Craig, I like learning new things.
    Steve, it's still early. I hope y'all get lots of snow soon.
    It's 5:10 here and the sun is a glow in the west but it's not totally dark yet. I love it. :) I can see the buds on the trees getting bigger. Spring is on the way..... for me, anyway. It'll be a while for Steve. :)