Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate, bamboo is a good choice, isn't it? It's biodegradable and renewable.

Nite nite, Louise.

G'day, Kate.

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Actually the state of Victoria is a disgrace they toss their cans / bottles in the roadsides as well ....We get 10 c each in SA

3. Kate Ellery

Registered

Nite nite Girls

4. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

This is my last post before I go to see the doctor tomorrow..
    Something tells me I might need another shoulder replacement.. The left shoulder has been replaced for just over 10 years.. It was done in October of 2010.. They say the life of a replacement is about 10 years, but my hips are much older and still very good..
    Right hip was August 2007.. Left hip was December 2009.. Left shoulder was October 2010.. Right shoulder was June 2017..
    I didn't do anything to the shoulder, just my regular living especially in summer when I work the fields.. Maybe that was too much for me.. I will let you know when I return on Wednesday night what is going on...
    Till then.... everyone...… stay safe ……… Bye for now ….

5. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    Kate Ellery likes this.
  6. Kate Ellery

Registered

I seen the destruction from the vicious storms in Queensland on the TV news this morning @Craig Wilson
    We are so dry down here in SA , wish they would share some of their rain with us , we normally get a summer thunder storm or two in summer but haven’t had a drop in a long time .

Thank goodness we’ve had very coolish summer with barely a day over 40c

I’d bet my last dollar to say we will be paying big $$$$$ for bananas real soon with the damage I seen to some plantations in Queensland ....do you remember about a couple years ( prob the cyclone you posted link about ) ago bananas went from about $2 kg .......to $14 kg in a week , I’d better stock up on a few to put in the freezer for the odd smoothie we like in warmer weather

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Craig Wilson likes this.
  7. Kate Ellery

Registered

@Louise Miller rather than mess up Moody and emotional things found in the home game I thought I’d answer your query about not understanding my post number 1766

An ....Unpick ...or Quick unpick ...or seam ripper ....are all the same thing :):)but just different brand names.

All are used to unpick seams / remove buttons / Etc I use one if I’m making a button hole to,cut the slit after sewing the butthole outline.

Tho It’s a rare thing for me to use one now days :):D:):D Don’t sew much

A seam ripper also known as an unpick is a small tool used to unpick seams.

1F91CB96-5FCC-4409-AB56-DE35AA5CF17F.jpeg

8. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Stormwater harvesting on a massive scale is what is needed up north to capture the millions of litres of water from these extreme annual tropical storms @Kate Ellery with the excess water then piped to our parched inland. Water harvesting or desalination plants. Has SA built any as this may be a less expensive way to get water to hot dry areas of your state. It really is a no brainer as we are after all a landmass surrounded by water.

SA has had a hot dry summer, whereas us on the Eastern Seaboard have had to deal with above average rain, sweltering humidity broken by cold changes caused by El Nina. In fact Sydney has just had the wettest, coolest summer in a decade because of it.

I fully recall when banana and other tropical fruit prices went thru the roof. Some 50% of north Qld fruit crops were destroyed by Debbie. We can expect something similar after this latest cyclone has wreaked its havoc.

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

We have a huge white elephant ( unused ) desalination plant down south of Adelaide , but we rely on the poor Murray river as well as the reservoirs in the hills .

SA like lots of states sold off our water that used to be state owned and of course the owners jacked prices up so much no one can afford to have a nice green lawn out the front anymore ....or for that matter much in the way of gardens .....I have cause we use our stored rainwater to keep our back lawn and garden / shade plants nice

...as for myself I’m a bit of greenie I like to see trees
    in reserves / streets ....and because of the water prices none get planted , so because it’s so dry SA IMO is turning into a dust bowl
    We was in Adelaide Monday and it was so dusty ...and it wasn’t that windy you could hardly see the Adelaide hills

10. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

unpick. Thank you Kate,, ive never heard of such a thing, but it sounds like a pretty handy dandy thing to have!!. :)

Kate Ellery likes this.
  11. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

I am worried about Shirley, she lives in Georgia and they had a Tornado . its unusual for Shirley not to be here!!, i thought the tornado was a little south of her but she is not here today so maybe, just maybe, she has lost power from that bad weather,,?? Hope that is she is ok..

12. Shirley Martin

Registered

No tornado here in North Carolina, @Louise Miller . Our weather has been wonderful for the last few days. The bees are buzzin', birds are heing and sheing and getting ready to nest. Wildflowers are blooming. Ahhhhh, spring, how I love thee. :D

Craig Wilson and Kate Ellery like this.
  13. Kate Ellery

Registered

They are handy till it slips and digs into your finger ....like a pin.... ouch it hurts but the idea is when cutting say a buttonhole with it you are suppose to dig it in and out of fabric much like a needle so you don’t jamb it into your finger :):D/ hand they are very sharp

14. Kate Ellery

Registered

I’ve just back from ducking up to the main town in the area to pick up car engine oil that was on special

15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Kate, I have a couple of the seam rippers. One I have had since I took Home Ec in high school. I don't know where the other one came from.