Game Chat

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Louise Williams, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Steve North

Steve North Supreme Member
    Registered

Kate..... Please correct me if I am wrong, but I believe you drive the same type of car as I do... Nissan Rogue..
    When Ron had his accident, you were s bit hesitant of driving as you didn't know where all the buttons were and you hadn't driven it before.. Eventually you got to know the car pretty well..
    Well, how are you now doing driving the car??? What do you think of the car ??

2. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep very similar to yours ..I think yours might be what we know as the X- Trail in Australia , it’s slightly bigger than our car

https://www.nissan.com.au/vehicles/...VWyQrCh3GTAZ7EAAYASAAEgKCE_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

where ours is the Qashqui , I’ll add a photo take off the Nissan site that shows what cars are called here
    I love it it’s so easy to drive it’s just I’d only driven it locally ( in a small country area ) so it was a big shock to the system to drive it in the heart of the city :eek: I’m more confident now even managing to park in tight spots in underground car parks such as the hospital car park

78D7A554-8221-47E8-9808-81580441DAE0.jpeg

Louise Miller likes this.
  3. Louise Miller

Louise Miller Veteran Member
    Registered

and Kate you drive on what side of the car, on the left side or the right side. ?? we drive on the left side of the car .... Love the look of your car too, but i could not pronounce it even if i tried,,:D

Craig, just noticed Mr, Bubbles . cute as a button !!!!,

Through our our married life we never had a dog, only cats.. ! we now have 2 cats..and one is very old 19yrs, ..the other is fairly young,,.3yrs,
    Our oldest cat lived to be 21 yrs old. but she was skin and bones and would walk into a room and just stand there,, being totally deaf did not help either, but we kept her til her end day...

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

It's good to see you back, Steve. It's also good that most of the pain is gone.

I have had cats and dogs through the years. Sometimes they were best friends. I don't have a cat now because I have somehow developed an allergy to them.

5. Steve North

Registered

I still have a bit of pain but as time goes on, the pain is getting less and less..
    Today I didn't take anything for the little pain I have.. Hopefully this is the end of all the pain in my shoulder..
    Tomorrow Saturday and Sunday I plan to do absolutely nothing but rest..

6. Kate Ellery

Registered

I don’t know if you seen my reply to your comments about car @Steve North

7. Kate Ellery

Registered

4EAADD65-6170-49CD-8F47-67E7CAF37F63.jpeg
    We drive on the CORRECT side :):D of the road @Louise Miller the driver sits on the right side of the car ,and drives on the left side of the road .....Like this ......oops photo showed up sideways going to fix and repost

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    Shirley Martin likes this.
  8. Steve North

Registered

Yes Kate.. My Rogue is like your X-Trail.. It looks quite like that except I have the large screen on the dash as a GPS, and 360 camera, front, sides, and back.. I also have the sliding roof..
    The Nissan is a great car and we enjoy it very much.. Mine is a 2019.. Mine is ivory white with a charcoal interior..

9. Kate Ellery

Registered

I like the dark charcoal interior of ours as well ..our car is Gunmetal ( dark grey ) colour.
    We have the large screen for GPS as well but rarely use it it’s way out of date with the updated roads
    in Adelaide ( some updated roads 5 years old ) we know Adelaide quite well from living in the suburbs for 16 years so don’t really need a GPS and if we do need to use one we have several much better apps on our phone .

My previous car , the Toyota Corolla had a Sandy / bone colour interior I hated it I bought that second hand so I didn’t have a choice

10. Steve North

Registered

Have you worked out what all those buttons are for on the dash and to the side of the dash ?? Like how to open up the little door to take petrol, the back hatch, and steering assist..
    Seeing that you live in a much warmer climate than I do, I was wondering if you have heated seats and steering wheel, rear window defroster, heated side mirrors, and rear area heater, like we do??
    Mine is an All Wheel Drive (AWD) with traction control and 4 wheel lock.. I was wondering if you have those options seeing you don't have the snow and ice that we have up here.. I also have 4 studded aggressive snow tires mounted on steel rims that I install for the winter months..

11. Kate Ellery

Registered

Steve we had the option of heated seats and all the bells and whistles however we did the maths and said we are better off with that extra of ...almost $3.000 in our pockets that it would cost us for the upgrade to electric seats / heated seats / leather seats ( I like our cloth seats ) which we have nice thick lambs wool covers on .......apart from that we have all the same buttons and warnings if it’s not squeaking about being outside the white lines on the road .....it’s thinking it’s run out of road when we get to a cross intersection and there’s a hill / rise on the other side of the intersection it’s squawking it’s runout of road ..it let’s us know if we are not driving economical ..Rons wanted me to try the cruise control when highway traveling to Adelaide but I’m not familiar / confident enough I kinda feel like I’m outta control of the car but I’m sure if I ever try it will be a breeze, yep,he controls lots of stuff from the steering wheel.
    . We took a top of the line for a drive before deciding ..but settled for the ST + in a line up of 4 to,choose from it’s the middle one
    Ours has electric tinted windows but we don’t need snow stuff as you know we don’t see that here

12. Kate Ellery

Registered

I meant to mention the photo with the cars in it is just in the outskirts of the city (Adelaide)
    Adelaide city is a exact square mile in size ......it’s bounded by West / south / north / east Terraces .

The photo shows the corner of West and North Tce. ( Where the Browish building is ) which is a hotel .

Where the cars are is Port Road ( heading into city )

If you travel on the other side it leads you to Port Adelaide , which is now days only a port for day trip cruses ....cruise boats came into a harbour further down the coast in a suburb called
    Outer harbour

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

Kate, I don't like leather seats. They are too hot in the summer. I had a car that had them. I was glad to get rid of them. If you parked in the sun then got in with shorts on, they would almost draw blisters on your legs.

Kate Ellery likes this.
  14. Kate Ellery

Registered

Yep,we test drove the one with leather seats on a very hot summers day ..my legs were all sticky sitting on the seats with the car aircon going ..nah I couldn’t understand why we’d even want heated seats in Australia and pay the earth for the privilege.

We sold our caravan yesterday it’s getting picked up on Friday so that’s the end of caravanning days ,we had put fun fun for years but there comes a time when it’s time to change ..no regrets ...happy for it to go

15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Happy memories, huh, Kate. :)