Games - Problem Solving

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by Admin, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

I don't play the games much, but they are an important part of this forum. We have some members who rarely, if ever, post outside of the games section, so this is an integral part of the forum.

However, the games section is not the place for quarreling or contention, particularly not within the game. If you don't like the way that a game is being played, or if you have an idea that you think might make it better, that's what the Game Development sub-forum is for. Take it here.

Minor problems might be able to be solved within a couple of posts within the game itself, and that's okay. But if there is disagreement, it should be taken here. Otherwise, it ruins the game for those who just want to play the game.

I am not going to monitor the rules for each of the individual games. I don't even understand some of them, and wouldn't have the time to do so if I were inclined to. In fact, in one of the games that I started under my member account, other players changed the rules on me. I didn't want to play it that way, but everyone else did, so I just left the game. That wasn't a big deal, and I wasn't angry about it. I don't play the games much anyhow, and probably wouldn't have played it regularly or for long.

I think that the best way for things to work would be for the person who starts the game to make the rules. If someone wants to tweak them after the game has started, if it's something minor that can be done in a couple of posts, it can be done within the game itself. Otherwise, a discussion should take place, and it should be done in the Game Development sub-forum.

The games don't work if people are simply playing by different rules.

Another thing that ruins a game is when one game participant puts another on ignore. This is not something that I can easily control because I can't see who has who on ignore, but doing so could fall under the few rules we have here.

1. Try not to be too offensive.
    2. Try not to be too easily offended.
    3. Play well with others.
    By ignoring someone in a game, you are excluding them from a part of the game, in that your response ignores his or her response, and that is not playing well with others.

As I have said, this is not something that I can easily solve, nor do I want to spend a great deal of my time monitoring game rules or game play, so I would hope that you guys would be able to work it out amongst yourselves, or I would have to decide what is best for the forum. I'd rather you try to work it out amongst yourselves.

The Game Development sub-forum hasn't been used very much, so I had assumed that this meant that the games were going smoothly.

If you don't like the way that a game is being played, start a thread in the Game Development sub-forum and talk it out, or start another game with a different name and different rules.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

I guess it's time to bump this thread. Please, if you don't want to play the games in the way they are defined in the OP, take that discussion here rather than disrupting the game. I don't care what rules you use in playing the games but disruptions detract from the fun of the game. If you want to change the rules, discuss it in the Game Development section.

This sub-forum could also be used if you have an idea for a new game but want to get other ideas before starting the new game.