Gangs Of New York And Black Lives Matter

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Dwight Ward, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

https://blackpilled.com/2018/11/the-nature-of-power/

Devon Stack (blackpilled.com) analyzes movies and finds currents and connections that would never occur to me. The plethora of propaganda we have been exposed to our whole lives is frightening.
    In this movie newly arrived Irish gangs are fighting American-born Irish. gangs The new Irish immigrants are equated in an odd way with BLM. I didn't understand all of Stack's analysis.
    I don't see Stack as right all the time. I won't even call him a good analyst although I suspect that he is. He does come from a background of depth as far as psychology, history and power politics.
    I'd be very interested in your reaction to this movie review.

Brian Naginoth likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that it is an interesting review, and actually makes a comparison of the movie to what is happening in our world of today, and how it has always happened, as opposed to most reviews , which just explain what the movie is about.
    I have read before about the ruling class (for want of a better term for it) wants all of the Hispanic, and Islamic illegal immigrants here because they are useful as fighters in the military, and also for physical labor, and they are used to being controlled.
    The border wall that we are building will keep people locked into the country, as well as keeping people out of here.
    I think that he is also correct about the difference between the immigrants that came here first, and the new ones that are coming in illegally, although he uses the Irish immigrants in his analysis.
    Very interesting article, thank you for sharing , @Dwight Ward !

Dwight Ward likes this.
  3. Dwight Ward

Registered

Insightful, Yvonne. I thought this from the article was ominous:

“Remember the first rule of politics: The ballots don’t make the results, the counters make the results. Keep counting!”

I have his book; Day Of The Rope. I can't recommend it.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Gangs have been around for many, many years. They are/were everywhere. Still exist from New York to LA. Still most prevalent
    in our prison system. I would suggest gangs are not related to the current and past protests but are a different conversation. There
    are neighborhood gangs, black gangs, white gangs, hispanic gangs, and mixed gangs. These gangs may never be abolished but if
    they are, it will have to be a different war, a seperate war from the secretive war between police departments and our black
    population. The war on gangs will, I think, have to be a declared war and a national war. But then what do I know? Only what I have
    read. I have not turned my chrystal ball on to this subject. My crystal ball is getting foggy. I think I had better get a new one from
    Bezos' Amazon. By the way have you heard Mr Bezos has gone above the two hundred biollion dollar mark in his wealth? How great is that?

5. Dwight Ward

Registered

I'm sure we're all pleased for Bezos.

This movie review was only superficially about gangs. Devon Stack analyzed the power relationships in mid-18th century New York between native born gangs, immigrant gangs, and the ruling elite. People like Stack are so much smarter than I that I hesitate to do a detailed critique of their work.

the secretive war between police departments and our black population.

Tell us more of your thoughts on this, Bill, please.

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

Later, maybe. I've just ordered dinner over the phone to be delivered.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  7. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Either Stalin or Lenin said Makes no difference who votes. it is the counters who matter.

8. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Dwight Ward
    From the time the black man arrived in America he was not a free man, he was a slave. Unless he towed the ,line he was whipped, chained,
    and sometimes killed. Not all owners were cruel but we don't know how many were or were notbecause the white man, the slave owners
    wrote the history. but from hand to mouth, passed down from generation to generation, black people know how they were treated. When
    Lincoln freed the slaves, black people were no longer beaten, chained, and ki,lled by their owners but the task of keeping black people in
    their place fell to the local sheriff's and groups like the KKK. They were shot, whipped, hanged until they towed the mark set by whites or else.
    This mentality has moved forward with time. Police can kill black men with no impunity. There doesn't have to be any danger to cops, they
    make it up. They havve planted weapons on black men after they were shot. The killing of black people has become more or less routine.
    For some time it happened so frequently, I wondered if local police were getting a bonus ora pay raise for black men put out of commission.
    Now I don't think that is true, but cops back then and cops today today have a tendency to go after black people, particularly, black men.
    They will stop a black man just to haress him, then if things get out of hand they will shoot to kill. White peop.e are not stopped by police,
    any where. I know being a cop is dangerious sometime but cops make it sound much more dangertous than it actually is. The fact that a
    knife is in the floorboard of a vehicle is no danger. No danger. Only when an officer is attacked is it dangerous. The fact that there is a gun
    in a vehicle is no danger until it is pointed at an officer. Peaceful demostrations shoiuld be peasful. When rioting and destroying property,
    stealing and burning property, that's a different matter.

Util black people can walk down the street and feel safe in this country, as I can and you canmwe have a problem and the problem is the
    way we allow police to enforce the law. Now it includes haressment, still instilling in black people that they had better 'mind' what i say, right
    now. Even when a good man becomes a police officer, it is not long before it is instilled in his mind that a black man is his enemny, by word
    or action of of fellow officers.

The word war was totally my own usuage, but it does look and it has looked that way, in this country, where I have observed it since the 1930s
    when I first started notiing the way blacks were treated differently than whites in this country, and asked my daddy about that difference. It
    has gotten better but much of it is now covered up. And most police officers know this where thdey would admit it or not. And much of
    danger to police officers is created in their own minds.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Dwight Ward

Registered

Bill, I disagree with some of what you say, specifically about white people not being harassed almost as much as blacks. There are enough statistics out there to give a true picture.. I won't hunt them down for this because statistics bore me.
    I hope you stick around here and offer your perspective more often.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Registered

The problem may vary in different parts of the country. I know policemen have a job to do
    but how we allow them to do that job should be looked at closely but that willl have to wait,
    I'm sure, until we get the likes of Trump and Biden out of office. Yet the way it looks now,
    it may never come about. The political right has goneThere has always been a right anda
    left but both were more reasonable. We're not that way any more. It's my way or the highway
    so to speak. We used to disagree then comprimise to some extent. Today we are enemies,
    have nothing but harsh words for each other. It is hard to be proud of a country when we
    treat each other so.

Dwight Ward likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

You can blame England, France, Portugal, and Spain for that. Less than one century after the United States became a nation, free to make its own decisions, slavery was abolished, yet we're supposed to equate slavery with the American South, although slavery still exists in other countries.

Pretty much exclusively, these local sheriffs and Klansmen were Democrats, and it was the Democrats who fought the Civil Rights movement every step of the way. Even today, it is the Democrats who want to keep blacks dependent upon the largesse of white liberals, and it is Democrats who deeply resent any black person who shows the capacity and willingness to think for himself.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Dwight Ward

Registered

I couldn't agree more. Look at my thread under Evolution Of Language.
    The Middle Ground Vs. The Purity Of Belief

Bobby Cole and Bill Boggs like this.
  13. Bill Boggs

Registered

@Ken Anderson
    I disagree. That may be your perception. Yes the South did these things. The North didn 't weigh in until
    situations were forced upon them, like school intergraation. The problem was in the South and had it been
    in the North, white men would have acted the same as they did in the South. They, too, would have argued
    whether or not the black person had a soul and worked to control them.

14. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Where I grew up, they taught history so I know that it was mostly white men from the North who freed the slaves, and it was white Democrats in the South who fought against that idea and, after the war, white Democrats created the KKK. True enough, the Klan was created for more reasons than to keep the newly freed blacks from gaining any real freedom, but that was a part of it, and soon became its focus. Civil Rights came about due to the efforts of black people in both the North and South, but also those of white people from the North. While you prefer to speculate on what you think someone might have done, I am speaking of actual facts.

15. Dwight Ward

Registered

I don't think it's meaningful to equate the Democratic Party of 1880 with the Democratic Party of today.