Gee, If It Is Not One Thing It Is Another!

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by K E Gordon, Nov 1, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

So, I was all happy, happy about the microwave,,,still am..:):) as it was installed, but now my printer is making strange noises..and I use that all the time. I actually have 3 but one takes cartridges that are expensive and the generic ones don't work well, and the other one is not installed on this computer..but could be done I suppose..I like the one that is making noises because it is a great all in one combo..and has a scanner...the HP laser jet does not. I replaced the toner in the Brother machine not too long ago..dang! If it's not one thing...it's another..:rolleyes:

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a bunch, some still in the original box because they came with a computer. But I bought a wireless one a couple years ago and I ha ent used it in along time but wanted to and then couldn't get it to work. I quit trying because I don't print much at all but I don't know what the problem is....it's not the printer, it's that my iPad isn't recognizing it.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We have a wireless one that we use if we need to print something. Robin gave it to us when she upgraded, so it is one of those do-everything ones that prints, scans and stuff like that.
    I seldom need to print anything, so the printer is pretty much Bobby's department, and he is the one who prints out anything that we need.
    The printer hooks up fine with the iPad, so it is probably just some little thing that you need to do differently, @Chrissy Cross , to make yours work.
    I will mention this thread to @Bobby Cole , and maybe he can help you troubleshoot the problem.

Denise Evans likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, I had it hooked up with the my iPad just fine, I don't know when it quit working because I don't use it.

5. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

call tech support. mine's top notch :)

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@K E Gordon - I've noticed we get episodes where electrical stuff goes haywire all around the same time
    What a nuisance for you, can roomie fix it for you ?

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, wanted to post this by itself.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Electronics can sometimes be a real pain, especially when it comes to the word "recognizing". I do all of our photo processing on our desktop, but our old desktop was from 2006 and the media slots on the Tower (computer) weren't recognizing the digital camera media card anymore. This computer was too slow now and other problems were cropping up with it. Our digital camera had gotten old as well, bought in 2005, and the flip-down screen in the back of the camera stopped working. Had to buy a new computer, but then the old digital camera wasn't compatible with the new computer and Windows 10. So, since we like to take photos with a digital camera, as well as with our iPhones, it was time to get a new digital camera. Camera costs have come way down! Camera from 2005 costs around $800 and new Canon Power Shot only costs $300. Even adding in another battery and largest media card available, total costs were still under $800.

Getting one electronic thing to recognize another can at times be a real problem and sometimes just can't be done.

BTW, I print out all receipts after ordering something online. I have a folder that keep them in so we know what we buy. Just look in the folder.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Technology is great when it works. I've had a few issues with my all in one printer in the past, so I was surprised that it connected to the new/refurbished computer just fine. I haven't tried hooking anything else up to it, so who knows about that, but my fingers are crossed. I ended up switching to Android devices because the Apple ones become obsolete too quickly for my budget. It's not that they don't function, it's that the newer apps are designed to only work with newer systems, so if you don't upgrade, you're effectively blocked from updating apps.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered