General Butt Naked

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Ken Anderson, May 29, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

General Joshua Milton Blahyi, also known as General Butt Naked, was a commander of military forces for the Liberian warlord, Roosevelt Johnson, during the First Liberian War. He would lead his troops into battle wearing only his shoes.

He said that the devil had called him by telephone when he was eleven, telling him that going into battle naked would make him impervious to bullets. Sometimes he and his soldiers would go into battle wearing colorful wigs and carrying purses.

The devil also told him that he could increase his power by practicing human sacrifice and cannibalism. He admits to sacrificing a small child or teenager before battles, sometimes eating the victim’s heart.

Near the end of the war, he converted to Christianity and is now president of the End Time Evangelistic Ministries, headquartered in Liberia. He trains former child soldiers and drug addicts in farming and construction.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow...doesn't sound remotely believable but guess there are strange things in this world.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have heard it said that it takes all kinds, but I am a firm believer that there are some kinds that we could do without, and naked cannibals might be among them.

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ken Anderson
    How about them Amazons that shrink heads?

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1333465/Liberias-General-Butt-Naked-The-evil-man-world.html

I do have to admit that I too had doubts as to the validity of “butt naked” but I came upon a good read on him and found him to be an interesting figure.
    One other very odd but important portion was that his home country, Liberia, was initially a colony started by freed American slaves from around 1820. I knew about the small groups of runaway and freed slaves that were protected by the Seminole’s but had no knowledge about the Liberian colony.

Chrissy Cross likes this.