Getting Certain Things Done Pleases Me No End

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Lon Tanner, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

I have no trouble with mental activity but because I am limited physically, getting things like washing & drying laundry is a challenge and takes a real effort on my part. Staff will do all my laundry if I want, but I like to do it myself sometimes for the exercise. Using my Walker to go to meals requires real effort on my part and is uncomfortable but it is one of my main means of exercise.My balance is very poor due to Neuropathy but sitting in the shower & using the grab bars to take a bath gives me a sense of accomplishment.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

That sense of accomplishment when challenged is indeed a great feeling. I used to wallow when I was sick. I thought just resting and not lifting a finger to do anything was the best thing to do but just thinking about those things that needed to be done made me get up and sneeze, cough, blow my nose through it all. Once I was finished I felt so much better so now I ditched the wallowing when I'm sick and get 'er done.:)

3. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Patron Registered

I think it's important for us to do all we can for ourselves for as long as we can. You do well, Lon.

4. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Agree with all of you. It's so easy to bury ourselves in self pity, but our greatest rewards are doing for ourselves when we are able, granted there's times that we do need help, and that's okay.

Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think the stigma now a days is, when a person reaches a certain age, others think we can't do anything anymore....they can be so wrong, proving that is a great reward.:).

Bess Barber and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Sometimes not do anything, because it's uncomfortable or even somewhat painful, is way worse for your body than making yourself do it. I'm glad you have people around who can help you @Lon Tanner , but it's better for you physically and mentally to do whatever you can do for yourself. Good job!

7. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Active Member
    Registered

you are amazing!

Micki Pembroke likes this.