Global Warming Or Just Normal Weather Cycles?

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Sandy Wood, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

Even if you consider Global warming to be a myth most of us are not in a position to contradict professional research and prediction. This means we may be jeopardising our children's future. The problem is that to do anything meaningful will destroy our way of life. Vast numbers of people will be thrown out of work and the quality of life we have been used to expect will disappear. Are you strong enough to face the challenge or consider the short time you have left will have little effect on your lifestyle and to hell with the future?

Craig Wilson and Nancy Hart like this.
  2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Since we've only been recording weather patterns and such for a bit over one hundred years, it really isn't accurate to say one way or the other as to just what constitutes this so called global warming. Has the carbon imprint elevated? From the time we began recording this, it has, but when we learned how to filter out the most damaging effects, it really hasn't jeopardized us to the point of extinction. We need carbon for the growth of living things, and the naysayers are actually creating so many scare tactics out there, that eliminating it would be what ultimately would be our demise.

3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

The term global warming is so over used that I believe it is starting to lose it's impact. The issue should be approached as being good stewards of our planet. It could begin with as little as littering and proceed upward. Can mankind change the climate? I don't know if we are having an impact yet, but we are on our way for sure. When they show the temperatures on TV weather it's always higher in the cities like New York and Philadelphia. Between it's cooler. If the cites expand and connect the cooler between is gone. Make the whole world a city over time and there are no more cool spots. With the population ever increasing we are on our way.

Bess Barber and Frank Sanoica like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Concrete will do that.

Bess Barber likes this.
  5. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It is not hard to disprove these so called scientists with their own information. Polar bears are dying out but look up on the web polar bear census and you will find they are doing just fine even increasing. I live on an island in the Atlantic and would be concerned with ocean level rising but they are rising at 3 MM per year the same as they have done for hundreds of year. There is charts of the cycling of the ice in the North pole and it has not changed. The ice in antarctic has been increasing. The garbage these so call scientist are paid to scare people into sending money or willing to be taxed into poverty. There are people on the YT like Tony Heller who show you the real charts before they get manipulated. .

Bess Barber and Lois Winters like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

This New Year we can celibate 20 year of being dead.

Bess Barber likes this.
  8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

In the 70s there was an ice age on the horizon according to the scientists. I guess it got sidetracked by the global warming.

9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Haha, this is excellent.

Students: We demand the school sell its stock in fossil fuels. Professor: I can't do that, but I'll turn off the gas heating for you.

Read all about it here.

10. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting article, Beth. This kid, Greta is beyond belief. She is being manipulated and the fact that she has Asperger's doesn't help her case at all. For heaven's sake, her parents should be charged with child abuse.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Greta has been well paid. She is worth millions now.

12. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, Greta is being manipulated, but the story I referenced was not about Greta. From the London Times...

Two students at St John's College wrote to Andrew Parker, the principal bursar, this week requesting a meeting to discuss the protesters' demands, which are that the college "declares a climate emergency and immediately divests from fossil fuels." They say that the college, the richest in Oxford, has £8 million of its £551 million endowment fund invested in BP and Shell.

Professor Parker responded with a provocative offer. "I am not able to arrange any divestment at short notice," he wrote. "But I can arrange for the gas central heating in college to be switched off with immediate effect. Please let me know if you support this proposal."

Kind of a "put your money where your mouth is" response. Excellent. :D

13. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

In my country we have one politician saying 50% less fossil fuel use by 2030 . He was in the Opposition and still is as the Australian people did not believe his outlandish promises. On the other hand our leader then and still leader prefers the softly softly approach. That is meet and beat our promised CO2 emissions reduction while concurrently introducing alternate energies to power our grid thru renewable materials of which Australia has an abundance. The latter is the reason our Prime Minister was returned at the last election and the reason he will likely be next election. You can not as @Jim Nash states.. have a knee jerk reaction to global warming.. climate change.. call it whatever.. as it needs a sensible, measured approach otherwise we will see another Great Depression which will make the last one seem like a Sunday picnic.

14. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I suspect we have one of those coming regardless. I feel sorry for the generations behind us. It will be a rude awakening when they realize being popular on social media is no longer their main concern.

Craig Wilson likes this.
  15. Martin Alonzo

Registered

If you can find the unaltered charts. The accurate charts which will show you that in the 1920 to 1940 there was a heat wave all around the world causing the dust bowl in the US if you check news weather reports during that time there was more days over 110 degrees all across the US. Best way to find the truth go to news papers of the time and see the weather it was much hotter than it is now. During the period of 1920 - 1940 the CO2 level was a lot lower why do they claim CO2 is causing the warming it did not do it then. This Global Warming [ Climate Change, Climate Disaster] or what ever the newest name is. The truth is it is a scam to raise taxes for the elites and Mr Gore who could care less has property on the ocean front along with all these others screaming about ocean rising. This is one of the biggest frauds put on the world and the elites know it that is why they have ocean front property and fly in private jets every where they go.

Lois Winters likes this.