Grape Crop In Arkansas

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Sheldon Scott, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Fresno has quite a few wineries too, it's not Napa Valley but I always see vineyards just driving near my house.

One year when I was visiting my son in Illinois we went to a beautiful winery about an hours drive from his house.

Might have been in Missouri but the views were gorgeous since it was hilly. I never think of that area as having vineyards but I guess they do.

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We are very interested in grapes because our grape vine that we planted last year now has produced 2 bunches (with each bunch having 8 pieces of grapes). We still have to learn the proper pruning technique because we think pruning is the key for the grape vine to bear fruits. And now that the vine is bearing some fruits, we cannot prune it because it might harm the ripening grapes. I still have to see a real grape farm (or whatever you call it) and I've heard that there are some here in our country particularly in the northern part.

4. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

A topic right "up my alley"!

Von Jones and Sheldon Scott like this.
  5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

My husband is from Arkansas. On our trips there we always see peach orchards though. I would love to see some vineyards to stop and smell the fragrance of the grapes.

Frank Sanoica and Sheldon Scott like this.
  6. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Von, The area around Altus Is where most of the vineyards are. Interstate 40, exit 41 toward Altus you will see a lot of vineyards.
    Clarksville, where I live is the place for peaches. We have an annual peach festival here during the harvest.

Clarksville and Altus are only 15 miles apart.

Frank Sanoica and Von Jones like this.