Grazing As A Diet Plan

Discussion in 'Diets & Dieting' started by Ken Anderson, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I doubt that I will try this because having meals together, then playing a game of cards afterwards, is one of the main things that we do together here, but the idea of grazing as a diet plan sounds sensible. Although there are different ideas to grazing diets, this plan starts out with a breakfast but, after that, you would eat small amounts of healthy foods throughout the day rather than having dinner and supper. I don't think I'd use that one because it emphasizes calorie counting and I don't have whatever it takes to do math all day, so I would simply stock up on stuff that is healthy and to eat a good balance of foods, but I know myself well enough to know that I am not going to record calories multiple times during the day, and keep that up for long.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I graze ...

A good diet is the anxiety diet...lose a lb a day. :(

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

When I'm anxious or in a lot of pain...I do the opposite... I eat.... When my life is in order and relatively pain free, that's when I lose weight...

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In a way, I did that for a few years when I was single. Although I didn't count calories because weight wasn't a problem for me at the time, I did eat mostly healthy foods. But rather than preparing regular meals, if I was hungry, I might prepare some corn and eat just that. Later, I would broil a steak and eat that. Otherwise, I'd have an apple, an orange, or some other fruit, and sometimes raw carrots or other vegetables, since many vegetables are better raw. That worked well for me but once I had a son, regular meals became important, for other reasons. As a single parent, I wanted to be able to provide something as close to a normal family life as possible, and eating meals together became part of that.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think I would like to follow a grazing diet. I would not like having to clean up from eating several times a day instead of just a few times.:)
    I also don't count calories and won't start now at 67 years old. Cutting portion sizes down works for me just fine. When I am trying to lose a few pounds I usually use my salad plate to put my portion of food on instead of using a regular size dinner plate and often find now days that a salad plate works fine for what I am hungry for almost all the time now.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

We each need to find a plan that works for us.

I think that grazing on small amounts of foods that satisfy hunger and cravings could be a good plan.

I'm afraid that for me it will always be two steps forward and one step back when it comes to finding the ideal diet plan.

7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered