Gunshots Fired From 1931 Ford Model-a In Sibley Iowa.

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Joe Riley, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Deciding to take a leisurely ride in my 71 year old brother in laws Ford Model A, I was surprised, when he pulled out the guns to test them! Ike Passed away Nov 25th 2014. Rest in peace.

Nothing like warning a guy, Ike! Haha.

Then we took a leisurely ride around Sibley and to the Sand Pit pond, a favorite place of mine.

Ike is really into period machines and this 1931 Ford is no exception.

Ike Willis likes this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My favorite car. Dad had several over the years.:)

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My mom and dad had one of these old Fords; but I am not sure if it was the Model A, or a Model T.
    Theirs would have been an older one than this because they got married in 1924, and then drove all the way from northern Idaho to San Diego, California with their 2 dogs, and I think a cat, riding along.
    They lived and worked there for a couple of years, and then drove back to Idaho, bought an old farmhouse (where they lived when I was born many years later), and parked the old Model A/T out in back of the house.
    I remember seeing it out there when I was growing up, and we drove up to the property . There was also the remains of the old buckboard that they used for trips to town, and it was falling apart by the time I remember seeing it.

Here they are on the trip down to California, and maybe one of you car buffs can tell me which model of Ford this one is.
    I can't tell for sure, but it looks like they are holding a cat in this picture, and at least one dog lying next to my mother .
    IMG_1537.JPG

Joe Riley and Ike Willis like this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

It's a model "T" touring car. I see an accessory spotlight on the drivers side, attached to the windshield frame.

Joe Riley and Yvonne Smith like this.