Gutsy Hero

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The president of the Philippians has had enough of the US nonsense. He was pushed by the US into a confrontation with China over the territorial waters I don’t think it was his idea but the US trying to cause trouble in the reign. Kerry came to dinner and gave him 33 million dollars. Now he is calling them out. What a gutsy guy he is becoming my hero .

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Only trouble is, Hugo Chavez took a similar stand, even called Pres. Bush "the devil"

What did it get him?

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This is my personal opinion. The US has always been a big brother to our country and I have to admit that we love America. When I was young, any American good is always the best and even that sentiment is not that popular anymore perhaps the majority of the population still have that colonial mentality.

And now comes China and Russia to the scene. I wonder how Filipinos would feel if we are alienated from the US and we become friends with China which is obviously colonizing the South China Sea. And our president has the temerity to declare that the disputed scarborough shoal which lies 3 hours away (by small boat) from Philippine shores is not in our area of responsibility although it is 8 hours away from China shores. All I can say for now on the issue is let's wait and see what reverberation Mr. Duterte's pronouncements against the US would bring.

Frank Sanoica likes this.