Guys, This Is Why Nagging Is For Your Own Good!

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Faye Fox, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

I see my neighbor, age 82, on his roof, washing it off and then sweeping it clean with a large push broom. We both live by ourselves and are independent. We watch out for each other as others in the neighborhood are couples and still working.

I go over and ask if he needs any help. I am going to a meeting, but will postpone it if he wants me to stick around. I check the ladder and it is secure. Ask if he has his cell phone. Yes! Ask if he has drinking water. Yes! Ask how long he will be up there. He answers an hour if I will go and quit nagging him. I comment he should be more careful getting so close to the edge. He responds with my neighborly concern is turning into spousal style nagging, so please go and enjoy my day so he can enjoy the quiet of the neighborhood and the beautiful day.

I left and came back several hours later. He was still on the roof, sitting with head in hands. The ladder had been knocked down by the garden hose. I put up the ladder. He got down. I asked why he didn’t call for help. He said because the battery was dead. I asked why it was dead. He said because he can’t remember to put it on charge and still prefers his landline. I asked him if he wanted me to remind him daily to charge his cell phone. He said only if I want him to move.

Here is my casual neighborly nagging look.
    2.png

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I can't help but chuckle.

Bess Barber and Faye Fox like this.
  3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

download - 2019-09-20T172237.908.jpeg
    He's lucky you were around!!

Yvonne Smith and Faye Fox like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

pushed.jpg

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  5. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Von Jones yes, it makes me smile to finally expose his stubbornness. @Bess Barber yes, and I am lucky to have him next door. I hurt my back once and was lying on my patio crying. He heard me and came running over and knew what to do and got me into bed and called my best friend to come over and stay with me. He is a retired paramedic/fireman. I will be heart broken when he moves next spring to his daughters in the country where they built him a private suite on their house. He can walk to the stream to go fishing. His daughter got real upset over the roof stunt and reminded him that a retired fireman of 82 means no ladders!

6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

7. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Bess Barber now that is funny ha ha! My new wallpaper and casual dress.
    I don't understand why my old neighbor was so nervous when I asked him over
    for home baked cherry pie and hot chocolate/coffee spiked with brandy.

photo (12).png

Bobby Cole likes this.