Hallelujah!

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Bobby Cole, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Once upon a time.......no, that's for fairy tales. There was this horse named Psalms and he was owned by an old country preacher. (Yup, that's it!)

A preacher got too old to ride so he put Psalms (the horse) up for sale by putting up some posters in town. A gentleman passing through town saw a poster at the general store so he took it and drove to the old church to talk to the pastor about the horse.
    When they went out back to the barn to look at Psalms the stranger looked him over and agreed to pay the old Bible man his asking price if he could first ride him which the preacher willingly said, "yup, let's saddle him up." Before getting on the gelding, the stranger asked if there was anything extra he needed to know about the horse.

"Well", the old man said, "he's been my horse since he was a colt and he doesn't answer to regular commands." He further explained, "When you want him to go you say Hallelujah and the more you say it the faster he'll go until he gets into his gallup. Now when you want him to stop, Amen is the ticket!"

Sure he could remember the corney instructions, the new horseman got on and said, "Hallelujah" and the horse broke into a walk. He said "Hallelujah" again and horse went faster and then repeated the magic word again and again until the horse was in full gallup. The rider was now holding on for dear life, the reins woven into his fingers and his hands gripping tightly to the pommel while his stirruped feet gripped the sides of the horse. Sweat pouring into his already dust hampered eyes he could only glimpse what was ahead and he saw, in the distance, nothing. A Cliff!!

"Whoa!" he screamed. The horse sped on. "Whoa, Whoa, Stop, Stop, STOP DANG IT" he yelled as Psalms was quickly closing the distance to the edge of the precipice!
    Knowing the end was near, the rider started loudly praying over the sounds of the hoofbeats, "Lord, if you get me out of this one, I"ll get get out of the rest em myself!!! Amen! " With that ending Amen, the gelding skidded to a stop at the very edge of the cliff nearly throwing the rider butt over tea kettle off the horse and into the gaping canyon which probably dropped some 200 feet or more!

Shaking off his near death journey, the now much disheveled gentleman looked over the quivering shoulder of the horse and down the cliff, then looked up and while wiping the dirty sweat from his brow, fixed his eyes upon the heavens as if looking at the face of God and then loudly said, "Hallelujah!"