Happy Tales And Delights

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, May 19, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

We're bombarded with bad news, and misery day in and day out, so can we have a thread where no matter how small it may be , you can post your happy news, or delights here...

My delight today is one of my grandfurkids , had his 10th Birthday.. he absolutely adores the water, and is taken regularly to the reservoir with his furry brothers to swim.. but for his birthday he got taken to spend alone time with his ''mum'' to the doggie beach, and the dog exercise park early morning before it got too hot , and he was in his absolute element!! he might have been filthy and covered in sand but he was happy as a pig in mud....[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

he got his Birthday liver cake..and he's such a good boy he will not eat until he's told, ..but when he does...he dives in....

[​IMG]

But the food colouring has to be licked off first....

[​IMG]

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

What's your Delight today ? :)

3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Between my daughter, Robin, and my darling husband, Bobby; I was chuckling tonight !
    Robin is living in the Netherlands right now for her job, and she posted on Facebook, something like “Snert….its what’s for dinner”.
    Of course she had all kinds of friends asking her in comments if she was making up Smurf words, or wondering if they even wanted to know what the word meant.
    On down the line of the comments, Bobby had written “your mom made some last week”, and Robin wrote back , “wouldn’t surprise me”.

By now, I was really curious (and suspicious that they were having fun at my expense); so I looked up “Snert” to see if there was such a thing, and what it might be , and what was the likelihood that I had made such a thing ever.
    Well, it turns out that snert is simply pea soup in Dutch, and sure enough, I did make that for us a little while back.
    Guilty as charged……but I am still going to call it by the more familiar name of pea soup, I do believe.

5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Here is an elementary school joke that would not work with "snert." Maybe you can make it fit somehow.

You tell the other person to answer each question with "pea green soup."

You: Whatcha have for breakfast?
    Them: Pea green soup

You: Whatcha have for lunch?

You: Whatcha have for dinner?

You: Whatcha do all night?
    (You can see how this ends)

Susan Paynter and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

As I have mentioned before, My daughter came home for the holidays, and she was able to stay long enough for my birthday yesterday, and will leave this weekend.
    She totally surprised me by planing a trip out for my oldest son, who lives in north Idaho, and she showed up at my door with him on Sunday night. I had NO idea this might happen and was totally shocked (and thrilled) to see him.

We went out for a birthday lunch yesterday, and then went over to Robins’ house and just visited until bedtime. I will probably ride along tomorrow when they take my son back to Nashville for his flight back home, so will have more visiting time on the trip.

Reluctantly, I told then about the heart being back in a-fib, and after being upset with me for not talking about it sooner, they are also waiting for news from my doctor about whether they will do the pacemaker procedure .
    I sent in reports from the pacemaker to the doctor’s office and also the screenshots of what the Apple Watch has been showing me. The procedure is called an AV node ablation, is what they explained to me.
    I am still not sure if that means they will have to implant a new pacemaker, or just add the extra lead to the one I already have, but both of my heart doctors will be reviewing everything and making a decision soon.