Happy Thanksgiving From Our House To Yours

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Jeff Tracy, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Other than the two turkey legs we bought for me, our homemade Thanksgiving Dinner was nice, but next year will go back to eating out. Our apartment kitchen is just too small for both of us to be in at the same time. The turkey legs were tough, like I had shot a wild turkey........pretty tough. Ended up throwing out the other leg. OTH, the turkey loin we bought for my wife, tasted great. Have some left to eat and froze the other half. The mashed potatoes I made were good, just made a little too much.

Headed out about 4:45PM to Best Buy to get a very nice Hoover vacuum that was on sale. Our old vacuum, that was bought in 2008, just doesn't work that good anymore. Surprised, but the line at Best Buy was too long at all. After that, headed to Kohl's to get a few things and the two lines there were pretty long. Was glad to get home! Wife has today (Black Friday) off, so, if the rain stops, MIGHT go to Walmart to look for a couple of dvd movies. If lines are just too long, will just order online.

Would've been nice to have Thanksgiving with wife's family in So California, but we haven't been back to California since leaving in 2002. Her family, just like what's left of mine, just isn't that close anymore.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

That's nice that you can do this, but many can't (and/or won't) and I understand why. Some folks can forgive, while other's absolutely won't (understand this also) My ex-wife and I should have never got together in the first place. It was much more of a physical attraction than anything else. It was also a "short lived" marriage of a little over a year. She ended up wanting more "financially" than I'd ever have. I really think it was seeing me in my EMS uniform that got her going onto me.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you cook them wrapped in foil @Cody Fousnaugh? Lots of times we buy turkey wings on sale, cajun season them and wrap them securely in foil and bake in the oven until done...they always come out really tender...and the last few minutes you can always open up the foil to brown them. :)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If we didn't have kids together I would still choose to forgive my ex...but not have anything to do with him except say a civil hello if I ran into him now and then.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I refuse to answer under the "incrimination" law!:D
    But, will say this........wife's Turkey Loin came out great.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

Enjoy your Friday ! wave.gif

[​IMG]

7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered