Have A Personalized License Plate Frame?

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny, these are still very popular. I think I had one at one time, saying something about professional rodeo. Heck, I remember going to Swap Meets in So California and seeing different frames on boards to buy or a person could have a personal one made at the stand.

Nowadays, they can be order online, personalized or regular.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yuk ! So tacky - no way

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just wondering, Patsy...…….are you calling the folks of the U.S. "tacky"?? Only kidding, but many, many people here have them.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha I might be, certain folks that is - we have tacky folks over here too you know :p

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  5. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

I do not! I have even taken off the dealer frames and replaced them with plain chrome ones from Wal Mart. Neither do my vehicles sport bumper stickers window appliques at all.
    MY politics, my likes ,my dislikes, are my business.
    There are several vehicles in the area that are all done up with Buffalo Bills decals and at least one Yankee car. NY State lets you buy vanity plates with your favorite NASCAR Drivers Number on them. I don't get it!

Don Alaska and Patsy Faye like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yup, nothing says “I love my car” like a 10 year old presidential election bumper sticker on it.
    I would just love to see “I’m an idiot” much more than “my kid’s an honor student” plastered all over the windows.
    I kinda like the idea of license plate frames though. Maybe if they had one that displayed how many speeding tickets or dui’s a person had instead of what football team they love would be more appropriate.

Mary Robi, Don Alaska and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Wo-ho, there ya go again, making me laugh while making a great statement ! :p
    @Bobby Cole

Cody Fousnaugh and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

As far as bumper stickers and window decals go, which could be another thread, but why not add it to this one...…..

Not into bumper stickers anymore, but one time I had one that read "Rodeo, An American Legend" put on the back window of a truck I use to own. On our Dodge RAM 1500, we have a decal of Team Ropers on one side of the rear window and the other side is a decal of a Bull Elk. On our Dodge Durango, we have a decal that reads Born To Rock. Would like to have a small rear window decal of Darth Vader and a Stormtrooper.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Just thought of something else to add to this thread, if I can...….

What about those folks who like a previous registered license plate they had, keep it and display it on the front of their vehicle. There are states, like Florida that only have one license plate per vehicle, so there is no front plate. That is where some folks will display their old plate they still love, BUT, it is illegal to display a "no longer registered" license plate on a vehicle.

And, since we are also now talking about license plates, what a folks who put the yearly registration sticker all over the license plate? There is designated areas for the sticker/stickers, but people will leave the old one showing and put the new one on somewhere on the plate. As for us, we simply clean the old one and put the new one over it. I've also pulled the old ones off and put a new one on the metal.

10. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Our bi annual sticker is a windshield sticker. Our tags are transferred from vehicle to vehicle. The tags on my Ram were first issued to a 1985 Ranger I had.

Wow, talk about hi jack and detour!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I totally think that having a personalized license plate,or plate frame , is a great idea, and I wish that it didn’t cost so much to have one made for you.
    When we see a vehicle with a personalized plate, Bobby and I always try to read it and figure out that the message is supposed to be.
    My daughter, Robin, used to have a special license plate for her car when she was in the military, and it was her Cavalry plate. I thought it looked very patriotic on her little car.
    She no longer uses that, but I think that she probably still has it stored away somewhere, just as a keepsake from her days in the US Cav.

9D37C671-9793-4564-9BD0-A1C3A8886DD1.jpeg

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't have a personalized LP frame, although I have had a few in the past. I do have a vanity license plate, however - more so that I can remember the LP number than anything else, such as when they ask at hotels and such. Mine is KFA. Easy enough to remember. Before that I had MC NEWS, for Magic City News, when I ran an online newspaper.

I also enjoy trying to figure out what people are trying to say in some of the vanity plates, and sometimes make up stuff for the ones that aren't vanity plates.

13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Come to think about it, we did have a personized license plate on our Dodge RAM in Colorado that read RIDNROP. Wish we would have kept the plate, but.....

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Licence plates are what I was referring to, where people pay over the top to have their initials on the plate - big deal :rolleyes:
    Sometimes a shortened version of their name :rolleyes:
    Don't they know who they are ……….. :p

Bobby Cole likes this.
  15. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Since my oldest son is a ham radio operator, his license plate is his call sign for that, and I think that his wife, and maybe the two grandsons also have plates with their radio call signs on them.
    It is something that is unique, and easy for them to remember, and also makes it easy for other ham radio operators to call them.

Robin has a personalized license plate that says “AMCWAP”, which comes from one of her favorite TV programs, and stands for “All Magic Comes With A Price”.

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.